My Cyclone 3000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Cyclone 3000

Rock solid, no twist, Cyclone mounting bracket. $5 scrap aluminum and woodworking tools to fabricate. No wire tie. square steel machined with a drill and hacksaw. Chain retainer. square aluminum, and teflon table saw insert made with drill and hacksaw. Cannondale Prophet Lefty, shimano zee brakes 203 rotors.
Running 72 volts. Kelly KBS X controller. Almost silent, FAST, and FUN, FUN, FUN. All mounted up and rode in to work.
About 700 miles on the mount so far.  0 dropped chains. agile, light enough to bunny hop onto curbs

Cool bike. So you've drilled a frame to create an extra support for the motor?

Comment

No frame drilling.. Look closely at second picture. Took some square steel cut in half and drilled holes for the motor bolts to slide through. The hose clamp slides through elongated holes drilled above the bolt holes.
      I used the thick aluminum mount with the kit on the right side and made the left side with slightly thicker aluminum from the scrap bin at the local machine shop $5 (Pic1). Rigid Light and clean.. no flex or chain drops.

Comment

Working...
      X