3K Cyclone motor, dismantle and bearing renewal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3K Cyclone motor, dismantle and bearing renewal

I've finally got round to dismantling my Cyclone motor to investigate the state of the outer bearing, as it seemed noisy and I suspected it needed replacing.

After dismantling the motor as much as I could, I got to the point where I needed a 2 leg gear puller to pull the drive gear off the end of the shaft. It had a small circlip holding it on, but after removing the clip, the gear was so hard to pull off that the C clip probably wasnt necessary.

I managed to split the motor with a bit of prising and some gentle tapping of the shaft with a hammer.

Next job is to get the bearings out of the casings.

The smaller bearing is the one that was suspect and now it's off, I can confirm that it is noisy and rough.
    Last edited by Albion; 09-05-2018, 04:25 AM.

I have been in this exact same situation (but with a hub motor). I bought a few bearing pullers, and they worked great. Replacement bearings are easy to find on the internet. There will be a part number on the seal of the bearing. Google that and you find the size and type.

I also bought a hydraulic press to install the bearings.

Comment

Thanks for that. I've ordered replacements for both. Might as well, seeing as it's apart.
      I ordered SKF bearings as they should last a lifetime.

Comment

Thank you both for sharing this

Comment

Working...
        X