Cyclone mid drive questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyclone mid drive questions

Will cyclone mount on (rad mini fat bike) & what complications will I encountering any. Who &where to get this information

The second question is easier to answer than the first:

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-documentation

As far as the specifics of your project, I cannot speak to that.

Check out Cyclone-TW's website though also: http://www.cyclone-tw.com/. There are a LOT of pictures of people's projects, videos, and other information to be found there.

They say a picture speaks a thousand words--actually, many of the pictures there are extremely helpful in guiding builds and finding work-arounds--if you really take the time to look closely at what's there.

Very creative use of components--including the double-freewheels, special brackets, etc.

I'm a fan of the Cyclone--and personally I'm of the opinion it can likely be adapted to fit most anything--but I do not have the confidence to speak one way or another about your particular "rad mini fat bike". Put a 4KW Cyclone on there--and pop wheelies through the deep dry soft sands--or the snow!

As I'd say to anyone--I suggest you read, reread, and review again--there's a lot to digest in that link up there! But it's all very good stuff, and having it all "at the top of your mind" when you go to do your installation--will be a tremendous help to you.

Best of luck with your project!

Tklop

Comment

One of the things you have to accept about taking on a Cyclone installation is you have to figure out specifics for yourself. As Luna says on their web site, the Cyclone is not a project for the beginner. In part this is because of the lack of documentation.

I tried to do at least a little about that when I posted up my mini Cyclone build thread, which essentially is the same procedure you will face with a full size Cyclone (but will not address the issues of mount stiffening that you will likely need to address).

In terms of fitment on a specific bicycle... you will just have to try it and see. And be prepared to fabricate or at least improvise a little.

Comment

Working...
      X