Luna Direct Drive Hub specs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luna Direct Drive Hub specs

Hi, there's isn't much informations about the specs of the Luna direct drive hub. I would like to know how much weight the hub and whats the amp of the controller (the site says 1450 watts with Ã* 52v but 25 amp which is more like 1300...)

http://lunacycle.com/motors-and-kits...rs-4-inch-rim/

Thanks!

The generic hubs (both DD and geared ) are just non-branded versions of the same hubs offered by EbikeKit (at half the cost!)
    The DD hub is same as their "heavy duty" hub, but laced onto a fatbike rim.
    The geared hub is same as their "performance" hub.

Where the site says 1450w max I think we're talking peak but yeah 1300w normally.

Comment

thx, so i'll guest the weight should be around 15 pounds with a fat rim

Comment

I've now had my hands on each one and they are tough motors. My fat hub is my winter snow bike. One speed. In my half year of support I saw one Gear Drive fail, wouldn't you know it's my customer and build! Luna has sold PILES of them without a problem. I wish they had PAS but regardless are great tough proven motors.

Comment

I need to know what power connector i will need from my battery to the controller. I have a Vpower 48v 20ah battery the connector for going out from the battery looks like this What will i need to do to make this work with the hub motor controller

Comment

Originally posted by lordbaconpancakes View Post
            I need to know what power connector i will need from my battery to the controller. I have a Vpower 48v 20ah battery the connector for going out from the battery looks like this What will i need to do to make this work with the hub motor controller
            Search for a three prong female connector. Use those three words in google and then go to images to find. They are there. I had to order mine from China, cheap, but took 2 weeks.

Comment

Anyone know if the new Weinmann DHL80 26x4 36H Fat Rim for the front or rear DD hubs is Tubeless
              Providers of quality electric bike batteries, motors and components at affordable pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by lordbaconpancakes View Post
                Anyone know if the new Weinmann DHL80 26x4 36H Fat Rim for the front or rear DD hubs is Tubeless
                It's not but Google Weinmann DHL80 tubeless for some ideas on making them tubeless. Other users report burping when trying to run tubeless.

Comment

Working...
                X