Bafang front 500 watt motor differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bafang front 500 watt motor differences

Hi guys. I have a few questions concerning two Bafang hub motors I have. I converted a Bacchetta recumbent bike to a front-drive motor using a 24 inch wheel with a Bafang BF BPM 48v 500w 20 (13) motor. I have a Luna Bafang 500c display and the basic controller that came with the original kit. This set-up works great. Better than I expected.
    So I ordered a 2nd motor to build a lighter wheel but due to some confusion, I received a different motor. It's a Bafang FM GO 20.500.D (11). It's a smaller diameter motor and bit chubbier. It also weighs 2 1/2 pounds less than the BPM motor. So I decided to lace it up in a wheel and try it. It runs really good too, with a bit more rpm. But the problem is only the throttle works. The display shows the speed running about 4 time faster than is should and the PAS does not work. I assumed that since the GO motor has 20 magnets for reading speed instead of the 16 in the BFM motor, I hoped I could simply access the "poles in motor" menu in the display and change it to match the motor. But the 500c display only shows the "poles in motor" as an X, "not accessible". So is my issue with the controller? And would a different controller work with both motors? Or is there some trick with the 500c display to access the "poles in motor" function.
    Thanks for the help............-Don
Working...
X