Programming a Bafang 500w rear hub kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programming a Bafang 500w rear hub kit?

I have two bikes with BBSHDs which I've programmed a few times, so I have the software and cable and know how to go through the set up.

I've just ordered a Bafang 48v 500w rear hub drive kit with a C18 display to put on another bike. It would seem that I should be able to program it as well, since the connector going up to the display should be the same as the one on the BBSHD bikes.

Has anyone programmed the controller on the Bafang 48v 500w kit with the same software? or is there something else I'd need to do the programming?

Thanx in advance.

Did you ever figure this out? I have this hub motor as well and I'd love to be able to change a couple of things in the programming.

Comment

Originally posted by BK Xray View Post
      Did you ever figure this out? I have this hub motor as well and I'd love to be able to change a couple of things in the programming.
      Yes and no.

I had no luck doing much of anything with the "generic" kit -- Bafang G.020.500 motor, basic 18a controller, and DPC18 display.

So...I bought a 20a Grinfineon controller and CA3WP programmable display from Grin Tech (ebikes.ca) and swapped them in. It's MUCH better! I can program almost every detail of how the system works. It would even allow me to install a torque-sensing bottom bracket and run the bike as torque-sensing rather than cadence sensing (I didn't do that).

I especially like the "soft cruise" set up that I use (based on a throttle level percentage of max speed rather than a specific speed number for each level). Rather than a sharp turn on/turn off of pedal assist, it "blends" in and out around the speed of the particular assist level. I can also program in lots of assist levels, or just a few.

Works great.

Comment

Working...
      X