Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grinding/rumbling MXUS Hub motor making so much noise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grinding/rumbling MXUS Hub motor making so much noise!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rjFnAebeF1A

Motor: 250watt MXUS Geared Hub in the front wheel config - 36volt

Hi guys!
    Yesterday I was just going for a ride with a lott of bunnyhops but when i was coming home I opened my gate and as soon as i walked in it started to make this like grinding rumbling noise - kind of like a motorbike which is ironic. I disassembled it to inspect the gears and anything but i couldn't really find anything (also the controller i checked the mosfets and nothing seems to be up) I am an ebike noob so if someone could please help me that would be great - thanks! Above is a video of the problem!

Oh wow. Great video. Very helpful. It sounds like one of the phases has quit somewhere. In low speed like you have it, the vibration is pretty fast. Much faster than the gears are turning. So a broken tooth is not the problem. But every third stator winding is the same phase. And thats about the speed of the vibration. So either a motor connection went bad or one phase in the controller went bad. Magnets can break loose too causing it to drag across the stator. Id look at magnets first and see if theres any contact with any of them. Shove stif thin plastic strip cut from an item package in frotnt of each magnet. Make sure no magnet touches the stator. From there its a more complicated electrical chase.

Comment

I got someone that knows electronics and mechanical stuff to check over it and we concluded that the controller is messing something up since nothing mechanical looks bad - the time when it started making the noise on my ride i checked my controller and the heat was crazy hot melting the plastic on cables around it so that might be a problem.

I ordered another controller so i guess we just wait till it comes september 5

Comment

Working...
      X