Squeaking motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeaking motor

I got my wife's trike with a dual gear hub running great thinks to all the crew at Luna. We went on are second trip today and When I was putting her bike's away after a 10 mile trip today. I noticed that the hub motor has a slight squeak. Any suggesting with this ?
    ​​​​​

That could be coming from any number of areas, you'll have to be more specific.

Comment

The sound is coming from in side the hub motor. If I remove the screws on the side of the motor. Will that allow me to remove the side cover. Inturn that may help me see where the sound is coming from .

Comment

In the video on the listing it shows how the cover unscrews. Those 3 bolt holes on the side you gotta get m5 bolts in and use something to twist it off. user bleedpurple figured this out yesterday:

Comment

Thanks Paxton . I opened up the motor and tracked the squeak to the roller clutch. I applied a small amount of grease to the race and roller clutch . that took care of the squeak. Thank you for the information on open the motor. That was a big help.

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
            In the video on the listing it shows how the cover unscrews. Those 3 bolt holes on the side you gotta get m5 bolts in and use something to twist it off. user bleedpurple check this out yesterday:
            It's clear now. Thanks!
            Last edited by liam roberts; 11-05-2017, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X