No announcement yet.

eBike Planetary Gear Hub Clutchless Modification/Geared and Direct-Drive In One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBike Planetary Gear Hub Clutchless Modification/Geared and Direct-Drive In One

Yes,

There were no topics or threads in this section of the new forum yet, so I'm posting a video I did some time ago, that will probably be helpful to some with existing geared hub motors, at some point, and also help with choices between geared versus direct-drive hub motors.

I'll also post the text description of the video from my YouTube Channel, since you won't see it if watching from a player at the forum. The video is almost 60 minutes, so if it doesn't really apply to your situation feel free to skip it or try to scrub through it for salient points.

"Christian Livingstone modifies a BMC V2T planetary gear and clutch assembly into a clutch-less, direct-drive configuration with some simple welding. This is mostly as a prelude to another planned upgrade to his homebuilt electric handcycle, which may soon include dual rear wheel drive on his delta-style trike. The practical steps for this modification are clearly demonstrated and rationales are also given for the various eBike implementation styles."
    Last edited by Christian Livingstone; 02-19-2016, 08:37 AM.

nice video...i no someone who did the same modification so he could get regenetaive breaking on a bmc motor...also it turns out at super high powers once you solve the over heating issues etc...the clutch is the weakest link in the bmc and this modification solves that.

Comment

Working...
    X