Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Design, lay-out, and fabrication of E-Bike Advanced Throttle Tamer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the power-on reset to work with the OR. Now trying to come up with a signal for the throttle signal release... where a bump up in the logic output occurs when the throttle signal hits 1 volt will release the cruise. Yet not get in the way of resetting the cruise at a different voltage level. Something like shown below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thottle Signal Release.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	166879

See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Took a break on the cruise. (sometimes you just have to walk away for a bit) Came up with this on the Soft Start...

You’ve talked me out of the simulation for now. I think I’ll stick with the delay/soft start idea at this time for the issue of excessive start power at the beginning of throttle twist. Do you have a cruise circuit that will try to maintain SPEED at a certain throttle voltage output? Like an...

Comment

Been walking a bit too far.

So, working on the throttle ramp up interlock... where a voltage input from the throttle of an up ramp of 1volt will disable the cruise. (Like coming off the throttle HOME position after resting during cruise)

I've found that a DFLOP with a REF=1v will switch the Flop to high when I want it too. But it seems to me that I need like a short spike in it, similar to the button push spikes. To cause a proper change-over, on the cruises flop clock input. But can 2 interfaces to the clock's input be doable and successful? Or where else and how to wire it in? Wire in a switch that would reset the cruise flop? A better solution? Suggestions?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Throttle Interlock Plot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.8 KB ID:	167018
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Throttle Interlock.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.7 KB ID:	167017

Last edited by Tommycat; 1 week ago.

Comment

O.K. I think I have the throttle interlock piece worked out. For testing and approval... improvement suggestions.

Name:	TAZ ThrottleInterlock Plot.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	167080

Name:	TAZ ThrottleInterlock.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	167081

TAZ Throttle Interlock.zip

Thinking I can use the "bump" output to drop the cruise DFlop output to "off". Like the push button switch for cruise on/off does.

Comment

Working...
          X