Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Design, lay-out, and fabrication of E-Bike Advanced Throttle Tamer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the power-on reset to work with the OR. Now trying to come up with a signal for the throttle signal release... where a bump up in the logic output occurs when the throttle signal hits 1 volt will release the cruise. Yet not get in the way of resetting the cruise at a different voltage level. Something like shown below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thottle Signal Release.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	166879

See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Took a break on the cruise. (sometimes you just have to walk away for a bit) Came up with this on the Soft Start...

You’ve talked me out of the simulation for now. I think I’ll stick with the delay/soft start idea at this time for the issue of excessive start power at the beginning of throttle twist. Do you have a cruise circuit that will try to maintain SPEED at a certain throttle voltage output? Like an...

Comment

Been walking a bit too far.

So, working on the throttle ramp up interlock... where a voltage input from the throttle of an up ramp of 1volt will disable the cruise. (Like coming off the throttle HOME position after resting during cruise)

I've found that a DFLOP with a REF=1v will switch the Flop to high when I want it too. But it seems to me that I need like a short spike in it, similar to the button push spikes. To cause a proper change-over, on the cruises flop clock input. But can 2 interfaces to the clock's input be doable and successful? Or where else and how to wire it in? Wire in a switch that would reset the cruise flop? A better solution? Suggestions?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Throttle Interlock Plot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.8 KB ID:	167018
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Throttle Interlock.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.7 KB ID:	167017

Last edited by Tommycat; 04-09-2024, 06:08 AM.

Comment

O.K. I think I have the throttle interlock piece worked out. For testing and approval... improvement suggestions.

Name:	TAZ ThrottleInterlock Plot.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	167080

Name:	TAZ ThrottleInterlock.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	167081

[ATTACH]n167082[/ATTACH]

Thinking I can use the "bump" output to drop the cruise DFlop output to "off". Like the push button switch for cruise on/off does.

Comment

Here is an integration of the cruise sub-circuits in a working test circuit... seems like everything is working as desired.

Name:	TAZ Cruise Circuit Prototype Plot.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	167134

Name:	TAZ Cruise Circuit Prototype.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	167135

[ATTACH]n167136[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Tommycat
              Tommycat commented
              Editing a comment
              Getting the itch to start building a circuit.
              Wondering whether to start with just the S/H sub-circuit and eventually add on to it...??
              Trying to source parts now.

So whist gathering the components for the Sample and Hold circuit. Previously I'd encountered leakage in the hold circuit that allowed the voltage to trend downward over time.
            With this in mind I sought and found a low leakage switch that seemed would do nicely to reduce this leakage. Found and installed the component in LTspice and gave it a go.
            But with the installment of the new TMUX1101 Precision Switch in the circuit, now the circuit seems to GAIN voltage over time. :-/ Now this apparent increase in holding voltage can be mitigated with a 30Meg resistor leaking this excess hold voltage to ground if necessary to even it out. Any thoughts on these results?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sample and Hold long test Plot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.8 KB ID:	167140

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sample and Hold long test.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.2 KB ID:	167141
            Last edited by Tommycat; 04-21-2024, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• AZguy
              AZguy commented
              Editing a comment
              In a week or so I'll be getting a quote on a "proto" PCB/A similar size and complexity as this - will let you know what the cost is...

• Tommycat
              Tommycat commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds interesting. I would imagine that you would need to have an already built and functional prototype for something like this?
              Or do they do more, such as match needed components to desired specifications? Function testing, or more/less?

• AZguy
              AZguy commented
              Editing a comment
              The houses I work with you provide all the necessary information

For the PCB it is CAM files (has the copper layers, etc.) the and notes. Some places are better for small runs but the reality is the cost difference on small boards between buying ten or one hundred usually isn't very much since they make them in panels and so a single batch is often quite a few.

You can leave it at that (cheapest) or have them assemble everything (need more CAM data to feed the pick & place machines) and either provide the parts to them or have them purchase them for you which is often less expensive since they already buy tons of parts.. for me if a "hobby" project, the parts are big enough, there's not many of them and not many boards I'll just solder them myself... most of the time I just have them do it... the parts are getting so tiny these days and some aren't even available in packages that lend themselves to hand soldering...
          Working...
          X