Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Displays that are compatable with the Magic Pie V5...and possible cable extensions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displays that are compatable with the Magic Pie V5...and possible cable extensions.

Originally posted by Churnmaster View Post
    Which displays are compatible with a Magic Pie 5 ? What extension cable do I need for the Magic pie throttle/ and or display etc to reach the motor on a tandem ?

The only display that I know of that is compatible with the MP5 is the BAC-601. Do not get an earlier one made for the MP4 as it will not work on the MP5. And with that installed I still like my Bayite for battery information.

Users Guide...

I like the cable that the manufacturer uses. But was not able to find a good alternative. It was suggested to try and ask the manufacturer for some at the time. Which I failed to do. You will need 5 wire that comes from the lower (motor) harness for the display. And 5 wire for the throttle from the upper harness. Some like me have used network cable for wiring extensions... also usb cable, and phone wire for lighting. :-O If you find some OEM wire... LET ME KNOW! :-) If money is no object... a cannibalized replacement harness might do.

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=5249.0

http://www.goldenmotor.ca/categories...sories/Cables/

Regards,
    T.C.
    See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Should note that with a Bluetooth Dongle, typical display readings can be seen on (some) Android smart phone devices. As well as being able to change controller parameters. Dependability and connect ability (devices supported) is some times hit or miss.
    What got me thinking about this was that just recently an IOS app has been released. Which looks at this time to be a bit buggy, and doesn't allow programming... yet. But a step forward for the Apple fanbase. (loooooong time coming, save those old Iphones and Ipads… :-))
    See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Working...
    X