Rivnuts Mounting Cased Battery where you need it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivnuts Mounting Cased Battery where you need it

I've been frustrated by several frames and either the water bottle mounts in the wrong spot to fit a battery, or none at all.
    Several articles suggested rivnuts but I found that $150 tools were oppressive to my budget for a half dozen mounts and uses.
    Some due diligence and what I preach, Googling, found a small hand tool version from the premier aircraft builders site, Aircraft Spruce.

$21.50 and First class shipping for a total of $25. eBay for a quick grab of 20 M6x15MM Stainless rivnuts for under $10 delivered and I'm in.
    AS customer service tells me the mandrels are M4 M5 and M6

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...ickkey=1591357

Now I can mount my batteries where I want and even have my water bottle mount back!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 12.42.20 PM.png
Views:	2
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	11614

Name:	$_35.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	11615

Name:	12-03708.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	11616

Attached Files

You simply drill a hole of the precisely correct diameter, push the rivnut / nutsert into the hole..."compress" the item with the supplied tool, and you have a steel threaded insert in any spot that you can safely drill a hole.

This is an AWESOME post, thank you for finding this tool, Louis.

Comment

• Rodney64
      Rodney64 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes a very good post

• Louis
      Louis commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like mine finally is on the way. Aircraft Spruce was the lowest price from a known source, known to me that is.
      Aircraft Spruce also has ACF50. From testing one of the top treatments for electrical connections as well as a lubricant and corrosion protector.

Comment

I installed rivnuts with just a bolt a nut and a washer, no special tool needed, you Tube it

Comment

Working...
      X