Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to fit a Shark Pack onto the down tube, if the bottle screws do not line up.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to fit a Shark Pack onto the down tube, if the bottle screws do not line up.

Hi Guys

I thought it was important to create a thread to help when you are having issues installing battery's onto the down tube.
    This way you do not need to drill extra holes into the down tube and use Rivit Nuts.
    I run into the this problem yesterday when installing a battery onto a bike with a very small triangle.

1. First remove the 3 screws from the plastic battery mount and place somewhere safe. Click image for larger version

Name:	20161006_110537.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	510.6 KB
ID:	19984

2. Line up both the aluminium plate and the plastic mount with the frame to determine the position for drilling the hole into the plate.

. Click image for larger version

Name:	20161006_111316.jpg
Size:	335.8 KB
ID:	19995

3. After drilling the hole though the steel backing plate I then replaced the batteries plastic cradle. As you can see in the photo below I needed a counter sunk bolt to allow the battery to slide into the cradle. Click image for larger version

Name:	20160929_121117-480x640.jpg
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	19986

4. Below completed battery fitted and as you can see its a tight fit but it does slide out by lifting the rear of the battery first and sliding sideways and allows you to mount a battery without the need to drill into the frame and use Rivit Nuts. Click image for larger version

Name:	20160929_121044-1024x768.jpg
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	19987
    Last edited by Rodney64; 10-07-2016, 05:58 PM.

no pictures are coming up.

Comment

Pictures now, thanks.

Comment

Ok Guys, I have had a customer email us at support and recommend the water bottle cage adaptor. This is an easy way to help make a shark pack fit without the need to drill the plate in the above procedure

https://mountskidmore.com.au/shop/ad...-cage-adapter/

Comment

If anyone else is having a similar problem, first check out this quick video from Luna Cycles:

Comment

yeah second that on watching the above video.... its a more solid mount when you mount like this even if the mount fits normally.

Comment

I've also mounted using the aluminum plate which works fine. However I still plan to drill two additional holes and use rivit nuts for these on the front of the shark mount. Currently the pack vibrates on the front which makes some noise.

Comment

Was just stressing out because this is what it looked like I needed to do. Need some more of those rubber tube stabilizers though. Probably will zip tie the from till I get guts to do the rivit nuts to my aluminum frame.

Comment

If anyone knows where I can get some of those please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgiven View Post
                    If anyone knows where I can get some of those please let me know.
                    now I know what those are for, mine came with an empty shark pack I bought for spares

Comment

Working...
                    X