This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery key blanks for dolphins and sharks

I wanted spare keys. I searched and didn't find anywhere which blanks to use so I worked with local hardware stores and came up with blanks that work for dolphin and shark packs. On the left are dolphins that used a Honda blank, in this case Hyko HD75 and the on the right is for a shark and we used a Toyota blank, in this case a Cole T020.

Either one would probably work in both. The first guys gave up after fitting the dolphin - they got hung up on the extra slot that runs up the key face but the second guys figured out it didn't matter...

Last edited by AZguy; 06-14-2017, 09:51 AM.

Great info and since these are fairly simply tumblers key impression techniques might be of some use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jciQpGdAVtc

Comment

From what I can tell, they only have two tumblers, maybe three, and they're pretty loose... keys cross over much easier than you might think ;-}

Comment

• AZguy
        AZguy commented
        Editing a comment
        And bring the battery with you to the guy that's fitting the key!!!

Thank You for this Info. I have a Luna Battery and the REENTION keys have plastic "tops?" and it broke off my key chain. I have the spare key and will go the hardware store and make more.....Oh...and bring the battery! Thank You again !

Comment

Thanks very much for this info on the key blanks. I have moved the thread to the knowledge base section.

Comment

Dales Hardware uses a computer to scan key and reccommends what type of key to use . HD75 worked !!
          They say its for Honda Motorcycles. .again Thank You Very Much

Comment

Working...
          X