X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveS
    replied
    Thank you. I was hoping that would be something like that but it's disappointing that Luna would have sent a display to me with the wrong parameters. If I can access parameters settings for the display I'll figure it out. There only seems to be regular settings like wheel size and units.
    I'll check the link. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• stts
    commented on 's reply
    It sounds like the parameters programmed in your new display are not right for your bike. And it sounds like you have no clue that these require programming to fit your bike setup. Here is a link to a tutoral about parameter programming to read over. If it seems pretty easy for you then you should be able to fix this up. If not, then you may be in for a bunch more headaches to get this straightened out. Ebiking is a very DIY intensive activity.

One way that the BBS02 middrive unit shines over other competition like the Bosch is the ability to program the controller yourself. Although the process of programming the controller will void any…

• DaveS
    replied
    Hi all.
    My speed is reading way too high and motor cuts out at very low (actual speed). Display reads 99.99mph top speed. Is this likely to be a display issue or motor issue?
    I just got repaired wheel back from Luna as it needed a new freewheel. They also gave me a new LCD display as the old one wouldn't power up. Hasn't worked since. I fear I may have a lemon unless this is a simple fix.
    Any help greatly appreciated. I love this bike when it works.

Leave a comment:

• Haven76
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice set up lectrik al! I am digging that front fork as well!

• Haven76
    commented on 's reply
    lectrik al,
    Apologies for the very late response, unfortunately my job (military) takes me away for some time it seems most of the time haha. Thank you for the information and pictures of your brake system. What you have recommended it also what I have been leaning towards from my research, so spot on with those! I will be looking to order a new brake system here soon. Its been very cold with bad weather here in Cheyenne, so I have plenty of time haha. Thank you again and yes, not looking forward to any day that Buick comes out of no where!

• Retrorockit
    commented on 's reply
    If you look at a rigid bike from the side going over a bump you will see that there is a triangle formed by the tire contact points and the seat.
    When the bike hits a bump there is as much fore and aft motion at the seat as there is up and down. That's why the linkage seat posts are so good.

• lectrik al
    commented on 's reply
    Look back thru some posts for info on my performance upgrades, I even posted pics of most everything I have done since it got it.

As a final cherry on top to finish my "build", the Suntour NCX suspension seatpost wasn't necessary, it's just a SERIOUS performance upgrade, and the last one I could afford to do.

If you only ride on sidewalks and or smooth level trails, the stock Eclipse is great the way they send it. I ride everything but that, and hard. My Eclipse only sees the smooth stuff when I'm walking her thru Walymart or the grocery store or bank.

If I go there my Senior Mobility Device is with me. I'm 6' and 190 lbs. and my Eclipse commands respect- kinda has the look of a black and white parked on the corner, checkin YOU out! anyway, so far nobody's objected to my bike being in their business. I don't carry a lock.

The linkage system of the post directs the forward upward thrust of the bump to the opposite motion, cancelling out the shockwaves and pressure on the: seat / rider / vertebrae / eyeballs / aluminum bike frame. It's good for the bike as much as good for the rider. less compound shockwaves to the bike frame and the human frame.

Linkage systems transfer the force of the hit, a regular spring seat or seatpost just pogo's up and down, and if the seatpost/frame has much angle to it (eclipse does), a straight spring seatpost at a rearward angle has to move forward ( opposite motion of whats required to cancel the bump) before its able to compress and resist the force of the bump.

I don't know how well it will hold up, but it's rebuildable and looks and works great while new, and I love the PLUSH ride, she floats

• Neverlost99
    replied
    What new front and rear shock did you use. Do you need the seat postmsuspension with a new rear or just like to farkle?

Leave a comment:

• lectrik al
    replied
    speedyebike.com for the fender set I bought.
    They are in Italy but I got the fenders in less than 2 weeks and under $100. total. they are very strong, light, and the mount holes work well for the Eclipse. you will need some type of L bracket for the top of the rear fender. Wouldn't have to be as long as what I used- a piece of 1/4" x 1" alum by about 12", but a short L would work too. I bought a 36" piece for about 10 bucks at hdw store.
    I used about 8" to make a bracket for my headlight too. Use an expanding plug for the bottom of steering tube, and you can bolt the home made bracket to that and you have a nifty clean headlight mount that follows where the bars are pointing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2028.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	777.9 KB
ID:	159270 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1929.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	159271
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2011.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	855.0 KB
ID:	159272 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2063.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	159273

Leave a comment:

• Bard
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the response! If you don't mind my asking, would you happen to have a link to the fenders you're using?

• lectrik al
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Bard, get ready for some smiling when yer Eclipse gets there- even if it's cold af and riding will be limited for a bit. I'm finding below 40 takes a lot of the joy out of riding mine, but I did get 12 mi in yesterday-central Pa.

This IS the forum to learn about your Luna Eclipse. If you read every post concerning eclipse available on this site you'll find answers to most all questions you're asking and things you haven't thought of yet. There's lots of other great ebike to suck up here as well- feed the brain

I did hours of searching for fenders before I found what I wanted for my Eclipse "build". I had/have a particular design in mind (sleek, lean, bare except for bling on the parts that are there), a greyhound, not a pack mule. Fender stays- like what's needed with the aventon's and others detract from my design, and I didn't want them on mine. To me it's ALL about the lines. me slightly dysleck sick. don't ask how much time i spent on the cable routing and wrapping.
    anyway, you Could make those work (not the correct bottom mounting hole on rear fender), but IMO there's better options

Spend some time drooling over yer bike when she gets there. The frame with it's machined smooth polished welds in particular and the awesome cable tunnel. Super clean look, and for carrying or lifting, put yer right hand under the U in luna, and up the steps ya go! I couldn't even tell how awesome these features were when I ordered the bike last summer.

LUNACYCLE ROCKS

• Bard
    replied
    Hey, folks! I just put in an order for this bike the other day. It will be my first foray into e-biking, and I couldn't be more excited. There are, however, a few things I would like to adjust and add on to it so I was hoping some of you might be able to point me in the right direction or answer some questions.

First, fenders. I was wondering if these fenders designed for the Aventon Sinch would also be able to be installed on the Eclipse: https://www.aventon.com/products/ave...40190515216579 If not, is there a compatible set that provides a similar amount of coverage that any of you are using?

Second, a rear rack. I would really like to have something that can be secured to the seat stay rather than the seat post, but I'm struggling to find anything in stock that could theoretically be secured with a couple of no drill sets. If I'm just out of luck in this regard, then any post-mounted recommendations are appreciated.

Lastly, and this is very low priority vanity stuff, but I'd like suggestions for any solid and reliable brown handlebar grips, seats, and tires. I just think a black and brown color scheme would be cool :)

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    It's amazing how some batteries will store for-just-about-ever

I've got a 14s8p that I left at 50.0V and a year and half later it's at 49.9V... it's bigger than I usually need so I only break it out from time to time...nice to know I can charge it and set and forget

• Neverlost99
    replied
    Good news about storing the battery. I left. One outside of the Eclipse for almost 6 months. Mean temperature was approximately 74f. The battery lost less than 3 volts. I am comfortable leaving it with no worries about depletion.

Leave a comment:

• Siegecow
    commented on 's reply
    Everything was pretty much plug and play. The specific converter im using is the DBB6040 "Double battery pack balance discharger" that I got from JohnnyNerdOut's shop which has anderson connectors 2in 1 out. There are similar balance discharge converters on amazon and an even swankier (and outrageously priced) Datex2. The in-frame battery gets converted via adapter from xt60 to anderson into the converter and then the output from the converter is converted back to xt60 and into the controller.
    Last edited by Siegecow; 12-21-2022, 05:03 PM.
Working...
X