Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More speed and altitude data from a quick ride today. I weight 200lbs and the scooter was about 64v when I started, it's at around 62v now.
    Sheet1 Time, Speed( mph), Altitude( ft) 4: 07: 02 PM, 0, 384. 2 4: 07: 03 PM, 3. 67, 384. 2 4: 07: 04 PM, 12. 35, 383. 87 4: 07: 05 PM, 13. 42, 383. 69 4: 07: 06 PM, 12. 53, 383. 61 4: 07: 07 PM, 13. 42, 383. 65 4: 07: 08 PM, 15. 21, 383. 61 4: 07: 09 PM, 20. 53, 382. 66 4: 07: 10 PM, ...

Comment

Where is the best place to check the pack voltage? Guessing it is the xt60 connector.

I would like to know the actual voltage but don't want to take the cover off and mess up the seal. Guess I could reseal it with some butyl tape or other type RV sealant.

Comment

Any adapter that plugs into the charge port can be used to test for voltage with a multimeter. But for a more permanent, exact meter you would want to wire in some type of wattmeter to discharge. Most people don't need to do this though, the display provides usable info.

Comment

Thanks. I just want to do a full charge and measure voltage to find out how far from true voltage the display is. And that should be close enough to monitor battery pack to know approximate percentage charge.

I just don't understand the difference between charge input and discharge output without a wiring diagram. Maybe because of the BMS it needs separate connectors.

I run everything in my van with solar. All charge and discharge is through the same connection with a shunt to ground hooked to a monitor so I can see amp flow in both directions and also percent charge. Guess the Batman or whatever it is called does about the same thing.

Comment

Discharge is regulated by the BMS while charge is not as this would interfere with charging and you need a way to actually reset discharge if the BMS gets tripped from a short.

Yeah it's okay to take a simple voltage reading from charge, as long as you're not trying to stick multimeter leads directly into the port as this would be practically impossible without shorting it accidentally.

Comment

Open the cover and test via the xt60. Don’t do the charging port. I guarantee you will regret it.

Comment

firebert, Luna offers no replacement parts for the Apocalypse 2 scooter. Or, didn't at least to me. Customer service was polite and responsive, but how far does that help when you have nothing but advice to offer on a $1800 racing scooter product. I asked about replacement breaks because the lines snapped - was told to go to a bike shop. Bike shop showed me a wire from the breaks that turns-off the motors when pressed - those kinds of breaks aren't sold. Asked about a replacement hub motor - Luna didn't have that. They mentioned "in theory it could be fixed with a midas welder". I took the wheel to four different licensed welders - all said it could not be fixed. I asked Luna for the exact dimensions on the wheel and the motor hub, to aid my search for their suggestion to replace the motor. They responded with instructions on how to measure - great! Searched the entire world-wide-web for a month - no one carries this exact hub motor. I even ordered a second scooter because I thought they would "come thru" in helping me repair the first one. I then cancelled that order when it was obvious they would not be able to help me in any productive way. It's a fun product! But, buyer beware.

Comment

I would disagree with that outlook but I guess we are all entitled to our own opinion..

We do part out scooters if we get a return and it cannot be returned to inventory. Right now we do not have any to part out for the part you requested. While I can understand your frustrations you were the one that crashed it not us, so we are not going to take a $1700 loss on parting out a new scooter in perfect condition just to help out like we would if it was due to a defect. Obviously if we had the parts we would have hooked you up, in fact less than a few weeks before your email we had a scooter we were parting out and a different customer bought both the motors.

We are not provided with spare parts from the manufacturer either, everything is pulled off of existing product if needed. That's just how it works buying bulk electronics from the Chinese a lot of the time, they want to sell more of the whole thing not spare parts, not to mention the significant language barrier in the rare instances they care about providing support for replacement parts. So even if we provided the exact manufacturer (which is a trade secret anyway and not something we divulge upon request) they would not sell one to you if they won't sell to us, one of their largest customers.

Comment

• DJVirtuous
                    DJVirtuous commented
                    Editing a comment
                    paxtana, It sounds very unfortunate that you would defend your company by "throwing in my face" the fact I crashed my scooter. My response was based only on the facts of my Customer Service experience. I did not blame Luna for my broken scooter, nor did I state Luna wouldn't give me my money back. In fact, I've already made another purchase from your company for one of your bicycles. Your response reads disheartening and lacks empathy for me the customer.

• paxtana
                    paxtana commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is the official manual for the scooter with this page being seen by thousands of people, if something inflammatory like "buyer beware" is written on our manual I am obviously going to point out that this was broken through no fault of our own.

As well as pointing out that we often do help people with replacement parts and why parts are hard to come by.

Given how inappropriate such a comment is on what is supposed to be an open thread for documentation, my only choice is either setting the record straight or deleting the comment. I am not a fan of censorship so I prefer not to do the latter.

I hope someone can help me. I purchased an apocalypse V2 on 2-24-18 and I absolutely love it. However, the charger crapped out on pretty quickly but they were extremely helpful and promptly sent me a replacement! It was great. But on Tuesday 5-22-18 a new problem arose. This scooter is my primary transportation. I rode home Monday with no problem, brought it inside & parked it. Tuesday when I went to leave for work it would not turn on. I have followed all the recommendations in the troubleshooting guide to no avail. I assume perhaps they are very busy because help via email communication has been difficult at best. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Any guidance would be appreciated. With the scooter down my life has become extremely difficult.

Comment

And...the amazing crew is taking care of me! Customer service at its finest! Thanks Luna Cycle!

Comment

• Flyin2low
                      Flyin2low commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What was the problem?

Not sure yet Flyin2low. I think the display crapped out. Still waiting on a new one.

Comment

Problem solved! Received my new display from Luna Sunday 6-10-18 installed it, and I'm back in action! Display was the problem! Luna Cycle has been good to me!

Comment

Where do you guys get replacement tires? I know that Luna Cycle doesn't sell them and I also know they are 90/65-6.5. However, my problem is finding an online shop that sales them. Can someone post some links? Thanks.

Comment

http://www.hyperpowersports.com/prod...90-65-6-5.html

Comment

http://www.partsforscooters.com/154-263-90-65-6.5-Tire

Comment

Working...
                          X