X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KTMracer63
    commented on 's reply
    First off, any serious jumping with a less than mediocre suspension isn't very bright to begin with...
    The Monarch shock is like $230...what tha **** do you expect?
    The Yari fork is really better suited for a 20 to 30lbs bike, not a 55lb tank.

Upgrading to better performing suspension, one is still below the price of the competition by about 2Gs.

LOLOL
    Last edited by KTMracer63; 04-19-2021, 07:09 PM.

• joost
    replied
    Yah, there’s a bit too much marketing fluff; if it’s not an enduro bike don’t call it one. I really can’t believe the warranty doesn’t cover jumping a full suspension enduro bike. If that’s the case, put it alongside the marketing.

Leave a comment:

• Texasaj35
    commented on 's reply
    If I had the bike for 2 or 3 yrs already.....but having it for 3 months = use warranty first. But I didn't know I'll be out of a bike for a month trying to fix it using the warranty claim.

• EL34
    replied
    Texasaj35
    I would think you could have fixed those battery ends?
    Thin material and epoxy would be what I would have tried first

Leave a comment:

• Texasaj35
    commented on 's reply
    They sent the main harness for free but had to pay $35 for both battery mounts even its under 6 months and should be covered with the warranty. Luna Lead Rep/tech replied "Same for the battery latch, I know this bike is a mountain bike but still hard landing on a 3 foot drop without straps can cause them to crack like this so this I cannot cover unfortunately."
    I was thinking then why not provide the straps then ?? Then why Luna X1 ENDURO bike ?? It should be Luna X1 ride from your garage to the park bike. Smdh...anyways, Im building my an analog bike from GG where I can change the geometry of the bike on my own. Just waiting for them to have items in stock. I'm patient and will build the quality bike that I want.
    I gave up on Luna not knowing this bike is not meant for what I want.

• Brian99
    commented on 's reply
    Mine fits tight also. I generally need a tool to pry it out until I can get my fingers on the edges. Mine is a month old. Is yours from this last batch, or older?

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    I'd encourage you to look into the voiles, they really do work a lot better although I think the velcro are better than nothing and I stopped having issues when I started using them... but it's really obvious once I got the voiles they are not just a little better...

OTOH the velcro stuff is so useful for all kinds of things you probably wouldn't think of until you have a bunch of it around, so either way, I'd just get a roll or two - roll pricing is *much* less expensive... I'm likely cutting of a stretch at least every week for some sort of thing... the most obvious is cable wraps... but frankly they are so ubiquitous in my life I remember that I cut some from the rolls a couple of times last week but I can't honestly remember what for LOL

• Texasaj35
    replied
    Originally posted by AZguy View Post
    I don't have an X1 and please, no offense meant - I may be way out in left field - but.... why aren't you guys that are riding on aggressive terrain just using voile straps or similar around the battery? Keeps them snug and seems like might prevent at least some of the issues you guys are having with the mounts. I do that with every downtube battery I have since before I did that they all cracked, broke or gave problems with the electrical connector and then after never a problem...
    Ive been riding for some time now but this is my 1st ebike. And given how rough the terrain I ride on, I will buy the velcro straps to provide support on this heavy battery for sure.

Leave a comment:

• KTMracer63
    commented on 's reply
    It's a 7lb battery jiggling around (doesn't have to be a lot) with cheap a** plastic brackets that were "over impact driven" screwed into the frame by gorillas, hahahaha, no wonder they're cracking. Took mine apart day 1 and luckily no cracks, but still was like "WTF"....added loctite and tightened back up properly...

Not every X1 is the same, some batteries might fit tighter than others, regardless, go off a 3 foot ledge 10 or 15 times, might take 100, but something's gonna give....not a matter of if, but when.
    Last edited by KTMracer63; 04-15-2021, 10:53 AM.

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    The idea is to pull the battery tight in the mount - I realize maybe some little rubber pads might help if it is recessed but I figured it likely wasn't entirely recessed - admittedly I really don't know, never seen the underside... but the failures sure sound like the result of the battery moving around relative to the mount and/or the mount relative to the frame

The voile straps won't scuff - the only thing touching anything is rubber(like)... the velcro is pretty soft, especially the "loop" side so worst case you run them "loop" side down... but like mentioned the voile straps provide a lot more tension and don't slip on the surface at all
    Last edited by AZguy; 04-15-2021, 10:33 AM.

• KTMracer63
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, straps with plastic or metal loop thru holes will scuff the frame....the one's I'm using don't have plastic or metal.

Remember, there are pieces of velcro on the inside compartment (on top of battery and on downward side of battery compartment) which extends the battery outward only a slight amount (2 to 4mm). So the outer strap is already compressing/pulling the battery back into the compartment (piece of soft material between strap and battery as added measure is a good idea). The inside compartment velcro keeps the battery from moving/jiggling around. The outer strap is just additional peace of mind that the internal brackets/lock don't fail when flying off a 3 foot jump.

Go to the Facebook X1 group and see how many of these brackets are failing...know of 10 already...the others? They don't know what they don't know....yet, LOL
    Last edited by KTMracer63; 04-15-2021, 10:36 AM.

• EL34
    replied
    You can only push up from the bottom of the battery since the sides and top are enclosed in the frame
    Any straps you use should maybe have a piece of rubber or something with thickness so that they will pull the battery up tight into the frame.
    But, as was mentioned above, straps will most likely scuff up the frame surface from vibrartion?

Don't know since my X1 battery is very snug inside my frame so nothing else is needed.

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    After breaking mounting tabs on one mount, arcing one set of connector contacts and cracking one battery shell, I started by using the velcro stuff - I've been keeping rolls of 1/2" and 3/4" around for decades, it's got a ton of uses.

I went to the voile straps for the batteries for several reasons though - they are rubber and "grip" the material beneath them much better, you can get a *lot* more tension on them (roughly order of magnitude), they are a little quicker to deploy, they don't stick to things when you aren't using them and the velcro eventually wears out although if you buy it by the roll it's pretty cheap... the metal "buckles" on them doesn't touch the material underneath so there's no worry about scratching

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    I understood that but it still seems like something that will prevent the battery from rattling around is what's needed

• KTMracer63
    replied
    Originally posted by AZguy View Post
    I don't have an X1 and please, no offense meant - I may be way out in left field - but.... why aren't you guys that are riding on aggressive terrain just using voile straps or similar around the battery? Keeps them snug and seems like might prevent at least some of the issues you guys are having with the mounts. I do that with every downtube battery I have since before I did that they all cracked, broke or gave problems with the electrical connector and then after never a problem...
    Pretty simple...and a Day 1 mod.
    No plastic or metal with outside strap to scuff into the carbon frame.
    Inside the compartment, DO NOT use the entire sheets of velcro, otherwise you'll be going to war removing the battery.
    $7.50.....otherwise, enjoy the wait getting replacement parts.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KTMracer63; 04-15-2021, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X