X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KTMracer63
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly.....
    Some Home Depot 10lb strength velcro inside (not a lot is needed, still have to be able to pull the battery out) the X1 compartment "along with an outside strap" (also from Home Depot) is a great combination....works great!
    Last edited by KTMracer63; 04-15-2021, 08:31 AM.

• EL34
    replied
    Originally posted by AZguy View Post
    I don't have an X1 and please, no offense meant - I may be way out in left field - but.... why aren't you guys that are riding on aggressive terrain just using voile straps or similar around the battery? Keeps them snug and seems like might prevent at least some of the issues you guys are having with the mounts. I do that with every downtube battery I have since before I did that they all cracked, broke or gave problems with the electrical connector and then after never a problem...
    The X1 battery is inside the frame

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    replied
    I don't have an X1 and please, no offense meant - I may be way out in left field - but.... why aren't you guys that are riding on aggressive terrain just using voile straps or similar around the battery? Keeps them snug and seems like might prevent at least some of the issues you guys are having with the mounts. I do that with every downtube battery I have since before I did that they all cracked, broke or gave problems with the electrical connector and then after never a problem...

Leave a comment:

• ribeyesteaks
    commented on 's reply
    Same here. Both bikes, the battery is SUPER snug.

• KTMracer63
    commented on 's reply
    gonna try cutting just enough vinyl adhesive strips to protect along the frame/edges/gaps, hell it's only 15 bucks and water resistant. can't hurt to try, plus not trying to win a beauty contest with the bike anyway....LOL

https://www.amazon.com/Matte-Black-R.../dp/B074MYNK14
    Last edited by KTMracer63; 04-14-2021, 08:40 AM.

• 2wheelsanything
    commented on 's reply
    Nope, mine when I turn the key, the battery will drop out just a little and I can use my finger to get it to come the rest of the way out. I noticed this when I first got the bike and saw some of these mounts cracking, I decided to check mine and it looks good but that is when I noticed this small amount of slop. It is not huge and I could probably use some small velcro squares like "pads" to take up the room and make it nice and snug as well, but I am still gonna make my cover. Too easy and keeps the battery from getting mud and crud all along the edges and in the compartment.

• EL34
    replied
    My X1 battery is snug and hard to get out without using a small screw driver to pry gently
    Looking at the internals may find why the battery is loose on your bike
    The lock may be loose?

Leave a comment:

• 2wheelsanything
    replied
    delrin would have been a much better alternative to the harder plastic like what they used for the battery retainer/mount. Granted, I knew when I bought a full suspension ebike for less than 4G's there could be some issues. Seems like the battery is not held in snuggly. I can feel a little play at the top of the battery and can push it in a mm or 2, so I can see how that bouncing around will transfer stress throughout the mount. I am working on a cheap and easy solution to try and make it a little more robust.

I will not take the battery out to charge it and minimize how often the mount and connectors get moved and possibly stressed. No real reason to take the battery out.
    Also, the down tube/battery compartment will get mud and dirt covered, I am making a plastic guard piece that is 3.5inches wide by 20 and 7/8ths long and will be held on with 2-3 cinching velcro straps I have. This will keep dirt and mud from getting around the edges of the battery where it mates to the frame and hopefully keep tension on the battery so there is no felt slop and the locking device is just for that and not the main stressed holding mechanism for the battery. These straps cinch down nice and tight, so that should hold the plastic guard/cover on really good. Definitely will help keep the frame cleaner and can't hurt supporting the battery-
    Last edited by 2wheelsanything; 04-14-2021, 08:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EL34
    replied
    Texasaj35

I used to get the #30 errors on the original display because one of the connectors would pull loose very slightly and would not stay pushed in
    It happened a couple times to me while doing steep climbs
    Tell me that does not suck to lose power on a climb :)

It could be you have a connector or cable problem
    Like one of the pins is not making a good connection
    You can test that buy buying a new cable and connect it directly from the motor to the meter on the outside of the frame
    There are new cables on Amazon and other places and that would be the easiest way for you to eliminate the cable as the problem

Leave a comment:

• ribeyesteaks
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, that sucks. Yeah, I would expect that they would replace something under warranty. Then need to redesign that part out of aluminum.

• paxtana
    replied
    Heads up X1 spare batteries are restocked, they'll probably go fast so if anyone in this thread wanted one, now's the time to get one.
    https://lunacycle.com/luna-x1-replacement-battery/

Leave a comment:

• Texasaj35
    replied
    I've been emailing Seb from Luna about the ERROR 30 and the broken battery compartment.
    Luna wants me to pay $65 for both battery plastic compartment with the main harness to fix the error 30. I emailed back and ask why since its a WARRANTY issue (purchased bike Jan 2021). Waiting for his replay back.
    I thought they would give it for FREE to replace the broken items. Its not even sure if it's going to fix the error30 issue since I may need the display dpc240 which he didn't say he will include it.
    I'm just afraid that Luna a will just nickel and dime me to get this 3month old bike fixed and running. It seems they like to send piece by piece to fix this error 30 and to limit just giving the display and main harness all at once. But its better for the consumer to get all items to get it fixed and not waste customer's time by waiting for piece by piece trouble shooting,, and mail each item to get it working. Such a waste of time!
    Having regrets purchasing this Luna ebike!
    Last edited by Texasaj35; 04-13-2021, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KTMracer63
    commented on 's reply
    yes, if you'd like your Fox shock to work correctly....personally, I don't mix used Rockshox parts with new Fox suspensions and vice versa.
    then again, whatever toots your horn.

I believe those top 2 silver bushings/spacers are aftermarket parts Luna sourced, or maybe they came from Dengfu....who knows?

• EL34
    replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_1282.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	126099

And here is the bottom plate

Leave a comment:

• EL34
    replied
    Originally posted by Texasaj35 View Post

I have the dpc 240. I checked ALL connections and they're still plugged. Upon checking all connection I found the brackets holding up my battery to be cracked already. I'm assuming from the drop offs I've been doing (no jumps yet). I'm having alot of problems with this new bike already! Kind of getting frustrated now!
    My battery compartment had a cracked battery compartment screw area on delivery before even riding the bike
    So I would not say that you did it from drop offs.
    But only one of mine had a small crack and the plastic was still attached

They are tightening those small screws down too tight.

I always go over my bikes head to toe when they are new and so I spotted this issue right away.
    You can't see it in my photo, but there is a crack

My images were taken after I had been riding a while so that I could run a new brake hose for shimano brakes
    I did not take any images when it was new out of the box

Click image for larger version  Name:	Img_1286.jpg Views:	0 Size:	350.6 KB ID:	126097

Also, I have some of the error codes here in a screen shot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ErrorCodes.png Views:	0 Size:	92.7 KB ID:	126096

Last edited by EL34; 04-13-2021, 10:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X