X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EL34
    replied
    Originally posted by KTMracer63 View Post

Just curious if you have a special meter wired into the battery, is that a special upgrade?
    If it's the 860 you're referring to, how does anyone know how truly accurate that is?

Seems like the only true accurate test of distance (and gas left in the tank) is to ride the same trail over and over, but each time commit to only a specific PAS level(s) with noted pedaling effort/riding style....maybe run the Rever app at same time.
    I have checked the battery voltage with a multi meter
    The 860c voltage reading is good enough

My point is to go by voltage, not %
    Voltage tells the exact story and % is who knows what % of what

Leave a comment:

• KTMracer63
    replied
    Originally posted by EL34 View Post
    % is almost worthless as an indicator

The upgraded meter is what I have and I set it so I can see the battery voltage as I ride
    Just curious if you have a special meter wired into the battery, is that a special upgrade?
    If it's the 860 you're referring to, how does anyone know how truly accurate that is?

Seems like the only true accurate test of distance (and gas left in the tank) is to ride the same trail over and over, but each time commit to only a specific PAS level(s) with noted pedaling effort/riding style....maybe run the Rever app at same time.
    Last edited by KTMracer63; 04-05-2021, 10:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EL34
    replied
    % is almost worthless as an indicator
    Who knows what the % is based on, but it is not any where near accurate on the X1

The battery when fully charged can be as high 54.6 volts
    Have you noticed that the meter stays at 100% even when it drops below 54.6 volts?

So the % figure is calculated on some unknown voltage
    Maybe at 52 volts because the meter is set to 52 volts?

Battery voltage tells the exact story
    You can expect the X1 to be getting close to shutting down somewhere around 42 volts
    If not 42 volts, you are getting really close and should be close to home

The upgraded meter is what I have and I set it so I can see the battery voltage as I ride

If you use way less power, you can get way more mileage
    I have gone 43 miles on my X1 using PAS 1 most of the day except for really steep climbs

My X1 is 14.4 and is one of the very early ones

Leave a comment:

• KTMracer63
    commented on 's reply
    Yes....don't know if it's related.
    But I've noticed even at higher battery % when I'm riding the display may say 80%....I'll stop and turn the bike off for a quick 5min break.
    Turn bike back on and the guage is back up to like 85 to 90%.
    I've yet to ride/test how low the battery will go before the odd stuff starts happening.
    Last edited by KTMracer63; 04-05-2021, 09:59 AM.

• K442
    replied
    Zapped again! Made a few other posts about my X1 suddenly going completely dead during a ride. We sort of attributed it to a low voltage shutdown as I was in PAS 4 or 5 and the battery was at 30-35% indicated SOC. So likely a high drain situation for the battery. It has seemed like fully pulling the battery out of the frame, waiting 10-30 seconds, then re-inserting has 'rebooted' the system.

Same thing happened again yesterday...I was in PAS 3 and "POOF" suddenly all power dropped out! Though this time, I tried the battery out/wait trick several times while in the woods...didn't work, so I decided to start manually huffing the monster toward home. After 10-15 minutes and randomly holding the power button in an attempt to start, it did come to life in the last 1/4 mile and gave normal boost again. After al that, the battery was at 46%. No error codes, but wonder if they might be erased by the 'hard shutdown'?

Just curious if anyone else is encountering the same thing? I sort of expected it at PAS 5 and sub 30% SOC on the ludi bike, but it's going to be annoying if it keeps happening at PAS 3 / 45+% !

Leave a comment:

• KTMracer63
    commented on 's reply
    you trust a phone app?

https://www.kmcchain.com/en/series/ebike
    scroll down further and you'll see the various 12speed chains
    Gold (12speed) is all they had in stock....they're working on the website at moment.
    https://store.kmcchain.us/ go to the number at bottom left and Monica will answer, she'll take care of the purchase over the phone.

And ask her about her coming out of L.A. hockey game last year and witnessing an idiot staring at their phone "while on e-bike" and slammed into a curb.
    Last edited by KTMracer63; 04-02-2021, 05:38 PM.

• Texasaj35
    replied
    Originally posted by KTMracer63 View Post
    This is a good chain....The EPT, not to be confused with "early pregnancy test" is for those near salt water or winter locations using salt on the roads.

- e12 Turbo, or
    - e12 Turbo EPT

The 12 speed....bought mine yesterday straight at KMC, the lady was super cool. Don't waste your time sifting thru online retailers.

None for 12speed eBikes !?

Leave a comment:

• KTMracer63
    commented on 's reply
    that's what you want...https://www.kmcchain.com/en/series/ebike

• KTMracer63
    replied
    This is a good chain....The EPT, not to be confused with "early pregnancy test" is for those near salt water or winter locations using salt on the roads.

- e12 Turbo, or
    - e12 Turbo EPT

The 12 speed....bought mine yesterday straight at KMC, the lady was super cool. Don't waste your time sifting thru online retailers.

Last edited by KTMracer63; 04-02-2021, 04:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 2wheelsanything
    replied
    pretty sure the 110 refers to the link count-

https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/cn-eagl-gx-a1
    Last edited by 2wheelsanything; 04-01-2021, 05:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alosip
    replied
    Guys, what chain model is installed on x-1? The chain has" sram eagle 110" on it but there is no sram eagle chain for sale online that has "110" in its title.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Ludicrous is a change to the hardware, changing the firmware does not change that

• a1pha
    commented on 's reply
    My understanding is that if the BESST tool is used, the Ludi upgrade goes away? Were you able to run the upgrade and keep the "overclocked" power?

• Brian99
    commented on 's reply
    FW comment and other things for newbies like me:
    I got my X1 8 days ago. I had requested FW v14.6. My bike is awesome. Locktite is on the seat post clamp which is all that I have loosened. On my 3rd ride, 8 miles, I was getting air at 20 mph on only a slight downhill. That's when I realized that what everyone said about getting a helmet was true. I got a white Smith, to keep cool where it gets to 110 deg. F. each year.
    On about my 4th ride and 20th mile, I did stuff today that I have never been able to do. Today was my first day with IXS Knee pads, my first day in my life on a bike with a helmet, and a great EVOC pack. I did stuff that I was afraid to do on my 2001 "cheap" Trek. I was afraid of getting protection because I knew that I would start doing things which are much more risky. I proceeded to do so. I'm waiting for my gloves with D30 knuckle protection before I go back to one coyote trail that I found.
    Half of this (the uphill ride), was due to the quick and predictable start of the power assist, which is not instantaneous, but within about 1 second. The other parts which seem to have enabled this are the big tires and excellent suspension.

I am not aware of any of the problems that I came across on the previous 40 pages occurring any more. I spend a few hours getting acquainted with the bike, learning how to, and making adjustments the night that I went to Fedex a day early and picked it up. The rear shock arrived at 140 psi and I set it to 170 psi. I weigh about 180 lbs this week, and carried at least 10 lbs today, for the 1st time, and the sag remained near 30%.

• TruthAche
    commented on 's reply
    Hi southbaysumo, what did you end up doing? 3in riser handlebars or FlyingPiggy's solution? Just got my X1 last week (large, luda), I'm 6'1" and 54 y/o and it feels too hunched over for me. I still will be jumping this bike and I want to be safe :)

Local bike shop suggested 3" riser handlebars with some concern that there's enough play in the cables to fit (over the phone, they didn't see it)
Working...
X