Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did some testing on my Luna BABE today. It is not available with Ludicrous. The power outputs in PAS levels 1-5 are night and day. Like 45-980 watts . But using throttle the output is much closer. Using throttle only: 380, 540, 650, 770, 920 watts. So with a Ludicrus controller doubling output at level1, you should be getting 750 watts or so. Not full power, but equal to any street legal 750 watt drive.

Comment

I want to change the chainring to a 42t. Can anyone recommend one or have used one that works with the bike?

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Can View Post
        I want to change the chainring to a 42t. Can anyone recommend one or have used one that works with the bike?
        it might not fit, 40 was the biggest I could fit on my large frame

Comment

Bump, Could really use some torque values!

Originally posted by Phredn3ck View Post

Do any torque values exist for the bolts that mount the motor to the frame?

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Can View Post
            I have a couple of the 40 tooth Snail chain rings.
            Big improvement on my X1.
            The stock 32 tooth was way too under geared for off road

I have seen people on FaceBook that have put 42's on their X1
            A longer chain with 126 links is needed

You can get the Snail rings cheap on Ali Express here
            https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000081130734.html

You can also get them on Ebay

You can see the 40 tooth on my X1 here

And here

Comment

Originally posted by EL34 View Post
              I have seen people on FaceBook that have put 42's on their X1
              A longer chain with 126 links is needed
              What chain did you end up going with?

Comment

Not sure if the M600 uses the same sampling frequency as the Bafang Ultra but this might explain why the torque sensing / power delivery characteristics of the Bafang motors can't simply be tuned without a proper controller:

https://wattwagons.com/blogs/news/archon-x1-controller
                Last edited by tomdav; 03-13-2020, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slcTY View Post

What chain did you end up going with?
                  SRAM Eagle NX for $26 on Amazon
                  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DQTLDJ5

I got 400 miles out of the stock chain

Comment

Originally posted by tomdav View Post
                    Not sure if the M600 uses the same sampling frequency as the Bafang Ultra but this might explain why the torque sensing / power delivery characteristics of the Bafang motors can't simply be tuned without a proper controller:

https://wattwagons.com/blogs/news/archon-x1-controller
                    Finally, some hope on the horizon. I know there are a lot of people that ride the Bafang mid drives and think they’re fantastic because they have more power than the Bosch, Yamaha, etc., etc. but in reality the Bafang controllers are very crude and inefficient I was hoping somebody would step up and provide an alternative, maybe this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

Comment

That page says it was made for Ultra. While we do sell bikes with ultra, X1 uses bafang m600, not bafang ultra.

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
                        That page says it was made for Ultra. While we do sell bikes with ultra, X1 uses bafang m600, not bafang ultra.
                        Does Luna have any plans to address the problems with the M600?

Comment

The support team in conjunction with customer feedback created a document that is several pages of customer feedback and recommended changes. We always do our due diligence. What is next is up to Eric, I don't have that kind of information, you would have to reach out to him directly if you want to ask about it.

Comment

Will be interesting to see if the controller is actually any better in real-world use. I mean is anybody really going to detect a 4000 per second sample rate vs. 9000 samples per second?? Looks to me the biggest difference is that the Archon has a smoothing program to even out torque application as Pedal assist oscillates due to the mechanics of pedaling a crank. If it offers some range increase then great. But cost/benefit will have to be determined. In my highly mechanical career and racing hobbies I've had to sort thru and test many efficiency claims. A lot of times it's just clever graphs and claimed advantages that while true, may not really make a real world difference in use.

Comment

Im trying to remove the stock chainring and replace it with a 40 tooth ring. Does the stock ring slid off after removing the bokrs or do I have to remove the 4 pronged thing its mounted to. If so it looks like I have to bolt the chainring back onto the bike and use the bottom bracket tool ?

Comment

• stevetbeck
                                stevetbeck commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Did you ever figure this out? I also am trying to upgrade to a 40T ring, but the 32T does not simply slide off. I figured I would look at pulling the cranks tomorrow but would rather not if there was some trick I was missing.

Originally posted by Larrymiller View Post
                              Im trying to remove the stock chainring and replace it with a 40 tooth ring. Does the stock ring slid off after removing the bokrs or do I have to remove the 4 pronged thing its mounted to. If so it looks like I have to bolt the chainring back onto the bike and use the bottom bracket tool ?
                              The stock chain ring comes off without removing anything else. You just have to rotate it until you find the spot where it comes off

Comment

Working...
                              X