• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texasaj35
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, everything is stock.

• tristanbrotherton
    commented on 's reply
    KTMracer63 - do you have any pointers or details on how I could update the firmware on my X1?

• KTMracer63
    commented on 's reply
    LOL, probably Tony, too lazy to make an effort to verify what sized crank arms are on the recent X1's, not to mention the appalling attitude over the phone. But says to wait until the bike arrives to me and then confirm the arm sizes. Great C/S and product knowledge!

Nice to know there are spare batt's soon to be available....
    Last edited by KTMracer63; 03-08-2021, 10:30 PM.

• paxtana
    replied
    I don't know who at Luna told you such a thing alpha, but if that is what they said they did not know what they were talking about. We do have spare x1 batteries in production and they should arrive before summer.

Leave a comment:

• EL34
    replied
    Originally posted by a1pha View Post
    Does anyone know where I could buy or how I could make a spare battery for the X1?

I am trying to order a second battery for my x1. I have asked Luna and Dengfu. Luna said they have no expected future stock expectations. Dengfu (via AliExpress) said that the will only ship batteries to previous clients in the U.S. who purchased a frame from them directly.
    This is not acceptable, IMO. Luna needs to service the bikes they sell.
    I also would like to know that I can get another battery for my X1

Leave a comment:

• K442
    commented on 's reply
    Mine broke too... whacked by a tree branch a couple days after I got the bike! The bracket is actually part of a 'backshell' that is separate from the display. But as you say, no available replacements. Possibly a 3D print.

• a1pha
    replied
    Does anyone know where I could buy or how I could make a spare battery for the X1?

I am trying to order a second battery for my x1. I have asked Luna and Dengfu. Luna said they have no expected future stock expectations. Dengfu (via AliExpress) said that the will only ship batteries to previous clients in the U.S. who purchased a frame from them directly.

Leave a comment:

• a1pha
    commented on 's reply
    Mine did the same =(. Very weak point and no fix. Disappointing equipment failure.

• eskachig
    commented on 's reply
    That bracket is part of the unit, I don't think there is another option aside from replacement. Yeah, that sucks. Luna sells another, larger display - but no other low-profile unobtrusive version. I don't think Bafang makes a lot of options for the M600. Sucks, but not much anyone can do about it.

• Texasaj35
    replied
    Hello fellow Luna Xbikers! My bracket from the display/speedometer cracked and broke off. The display still works, just want to know where to purchase the bracket without buying the entire display with Luna ($70). Or any sturdier upgrade to the current display? besides using duct tape...

Leave a comment:

• KTMracer63
    commented on 's reply
    Nothing but smalls for the past 2 weeks....the large's were gone in like 3 days.
    Gotta move quick on them...

• Brian99
    replied
    Just to add to the historical records for future buyers, the medium and large X1 showed up again for pre-orders a couple of days ago. The smalls never disappeared. All 3 sizes are there now.

Leave a comment:

• KTMracer63
    commented on 's reply
    After a lot of research/reading...I ordered the Ludi mode and the BESST tool, mainly because of the rider feedback and BESST Tool ability to now load version 14.6 to a Ludi bike. The consensus so far is that 14.6 is a cleaner tuned and more efficient firmware.

If the Ludi torque at level 1 (w/14.6) is the same as the non-Ludi at 2 or 3 (w/14.6), does it really matter? Battery drain would be about the same?
    Previously, seems most people were having to ride in 2/3 level of 5 anyway, Ludi or not....unless version 14.4
    The additional power is a nice to have, especially when needed.
    I know of 1 Ludi owner in San Antonio that shreds on this bike (he races off-road motorcycles as I do) he's on 14.5 firmware and mentioned getting around 28 to 30 miles on a charge....will 14.6 improve that? Time will tell....

I was just happy to snag a pre-order with large frame last week.....
    Last edited by KTMracer63; 02-22-2021, 05:13 PM.

• K442
    replied
    I have the ludi, but not the normal to compare to! I think there might be a few members here that have one of each, so hopefully they will chime in.

I think the general consensus is that if range is important, you'd want the non-ludi bike with the 'updated' / 'bafang' / 14.6 firmware. This allows some usable amount of pedal assist in PAS 1 and 2, not just the 'all or nothing' shot of PAS 3.

If your ride with the same "PAS" (Pedal Assist Setting) - then the ludi is going to put more power to the wheels and drain the battery faster than a normal bike. Though if you turn down the level on the ludi - to get roughly the same amount of actual pedal assist at the crank as the standard bike, then the bikes should consume close to the same amount of power. The only thing is, that may leave you with 1 or 2 acceptable levels on the ludi bike and 4 or 5 on the non-ludi. ...and on the ludi your finger will always get itchy and tempted to bump that PAS up one more level for more speed!

Leave a comment:

• neo
    replied
    For folks that have Ludi option, does it affect battery charge and/or range vs standard option? i'm assuming if you ride both in similar settings (same PAS, cadence, etc.)

I would like ludi but i fear it will affect range which is more important to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X