• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    You could upload the pics to imgur and just link to it, I do that sometimes

• K442
    commented on 's reply
    If you follow the wire coming out of the thumb unit, there is a connector ~12 inches down the wire. I don't remember if it was inside or outside the frame on my bike, though. (Thought it was outside.) If it's outside the frame, you could connect / disconnect it easily..

• TruthAche
    replied
    X1 Enduro Temporary Disable Throttle?

I want to keep the throttle, but does anyone know if I can mod it to be temporarily disabled? Reason: Some bike parks don't allow throttles, but I want to disable it (with a switch or something). Another eBike I own has a on/off switch.

Sorry to cross-post but I'm new here and didn't know where to post this question. Just pre-ordered my X1 today. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Eatough
    replied
    Better still message me on 443 783 3678

Leave a comment:

• Mike Eatough
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not having much success posting pictures to this forum.
    anyone who wants to actually do this project I will message them pics or talk to them directly (410) 997 0765, I run this battery in my X1 with either the M600 or bbshd motor installed.

• sbandy
    commented on 's reply
    Mike - I'd also love to hear more about how you did that and see some pictures as well. Sounds like a great idea!

• tristanbrotherton
    replied
    Hey Mike - Do you have any more details on this? I’d love to squeeze a bit more range in there, battery issues aside. Any knowledge you got on this would be amazing!

Originally posted by Mike Eatough View Post
    K442
    I used the 2 end caps of the original battery & adapted a "Bicycle Motor Works" 52v 17.5 amp hr.. 14-5 battery & it is a huge gain in range & less sag.

Leave a comment:

• southbaysumo
    replied
    Same for me!

Leave a comment:

• joecleary
    commented on 's reply
    Mike Eatough, I'm totally interested in learning more about how you adapted the Bicycle Motor Works battery. I'd also love to see some pictures of your new battery, and how it looks on the bike. Cheers, man. Nice job!

• Mike Eatough
    replied
    K442
    It sounds like the low battery cut off is coming into play, it can be a pain.
    To avoid it be careful to avoid high loads when under 47v. (it can easily sag from 47v to 42v under load & 42 is the cut-off point).
    If it shuts off, switch off then back on. This brings mine back to life immediately.
    I used the 2 end caps of the original battery & adapted a "Bicycle Motor Works" 52v 17.5 amp hr.. 14-5 battery & it is a huge gain in range & less sag.

Leave a comment:

• K442
    replied
    Originally posted by tristanbrotherton View Post
    I'm having battery issues with my X1 after having it for less than a year - all the connections are good,...
    This is based on?? There are a lot of connections to make it all work... motor to main power wires, main power wires to frame battery connector, frame battery connector to pack battery connector, pack battery connector to switch, switch to main battery buses, main battery buses to series strings, all series battery connectors, all parallel battery connectors, etc. ...and we're not even going into all the sensor and controller connectors. If you have really inspected them from the motor to the individual cell level by disassembling the pack, that might be enough to say 'all connections are good' - but short of that, it might still be questionable.

i rarely charge the bike past 90% and keep it above 20% -
    This might be an issue in itself. Believe I read somewhere the battery needs a (nearly) full charge to go into 'cell balancing' mode? That might be one thing to try - go ahead and give a full charge and let sit overnight on the charger to balance all cells .

however recently the bike experiences sporadic complete voltage loss when around 50% full, and dies
    Any specific conditions at the time the battery cuts out? Heavy load / high current draw? Specific pedal assist level? All assist levels? Hitting a bump in the road? Coasting for long periods? Always passing some electrical transformer/substation, or same location on your route? Truly random?

To confirm - the bike works fine if the charge is > 50%? Ludi or non-ludi bike?

(the voltage drops to 45v and assist shuts off - and doesn't return even if the bike is not under load).
    What is 'it' - the battery voltage stays at 45? assist stays off? both? Just the assist that stops or does the entire display blank out?

As such i just can't trust the bike on long rides. I've tried to buy a new battery to no avail - and i can't find someone to rebuild one. Any ideas on how i could turn this around?
    What gets the system started again? Tried removing the battery for 30 seconds and re-installing? Does the battery recharge normally in a normal/expected amount of time? No errors reported in the display?

I don't know that I can offer much more. But if you can help fill in some of these questions, it might help... or if nothing else, bump your post up and someone smarter than I will come along!
    Last edited by K442; 02-04-2021, 07:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tristanbrotherton
    replied
    I'm having battery issues with my X1 after having it for less than a year - all the connections are good, i rarely charge the bike past 90% and keep it above 20% - however recently the bike experiences sporadic complete voltage loss when around 50% full, and dies (the voltage drops to 45v and assist shuts off - and doesn't return even if the bike is not under load). As such i just can't trust the bike on long rides. I've tried to buy a new battery to no avail - and i can't find someone to rebuild one. Any ideas on how i could turn this around?

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    This is with stock firmware and stock controller?

• Brookbiker
    replied
    I recently received my bike with Alex rims, m35. Was trying to figure out where some of the weight was to help decide if I should switch to carbon wheels. I did some disassembly and weighing of parts and can share the data. My size medium X1 weighed 53 lbs out of the box, Alex m35 front rim weighs 1131g, Kenda tube weighs 383 g, front rotor weighs 192g. Maxis Minion DHF tire weighs 1028 g. So I figured the Alexrims wheelset weighs about 2,636g. Armed with this knowledge, I decided to pass on the carbon rims. After spending hours stopping air leaks to "go tubeless" with the nonwelded Alex rims, (finally succeeded by the way) I found a great closeout deal on a Sun Ringle Duroc 40 boost wheelset(welded aluminum alloy rim). The Sun Ringle wheelset weighs 1,994g. What ever you decide, enjoy your new bike, I really like mine.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    The B being blacked out is how we make sure the ludicrous controller is differentiated from stock version
Working...
X