X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alosip
    replied
    Originally posted by golivefree View Post

I'm getting the same thing. I've contacted Luna for months on this and they continue to say they will not cover this under warranty. I have a large frame and a medium frame. The Large Frame DOES NOT CREAK. The medium frame sounds like it's going to fall apart. Luna has already reimbursed me to take it to a shop to have them professionally lube all pivot points. This DID NOT HELP one bit.

I'm EXTREMELY frustrated at this point. It literally sounds like the bike is going to shatter as I'm riding it. If this is the type of quality Luna provides, I will never buy another Luna product again.
    I know only too well this creaking problem. Here is the list of things I've already got apart cleaned, lubricated and tighten to the proper torque
    1 All pivot points of suspension.
    2 Both wheels axels.
    3 Chainring bolts/nuts.
    4 Headset
    5 Seat post (carbon supergroup assembly compound)
    6 Handlebar and everything attached to it, secured all cables with tape.
    7 Crankset and pedals.
    8 brake caliper attachment bolts
    9 brake disks bolts(I also bleeded brakes)
    10 spoke nipples and where spokes cross each other

There are only few parts that are left to do:
    1 Chainstay pivot
    2 motor mount bolts plus plastic pieces around it.
    3 cassette

Initially I had more creaking. I suspect it was coming from different places. Now I only have very consistant creaking when right and left pedals are pushed down while riding on PAS 2,3,4,5.

Someone suggested that it could be battery creaking in a tight battery compartment.
    I am getting frustrated more and more with these creaking.
    Last edited by alosip; 11-18-2020, 11:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EL34
    replied
    Originally posted by alosip View Post
    Guys, does anyone know what's the max torque to tighten motor mounting bolts on X-1? I suspect my x-1 is creaking when I pedal under power because these bolts are too loose.
    If the bolts are too lose tighten them
    You don't need a specific torque figure to be able to tighten bolts

Leave a comment:

• golivefree
    replied
    Guys, does anyone know what's the max torque to tighten motor mounting bolts on X-1? I suspect my x-1 is creaking when I pedal under power because these bolts are too loose.
    I'm getting the same thing. I've contacted Luna for months on this and they continue to say they will not cover this under warranty. I have a large frame and a medium frame. The Large Frame DOES NOT CREAK. The medium frame sounds like it's going to fall apart. Luna has already reimbursed me to take it to a shop to have them professionally lube all pivot points. This DID NOT HELP one bit.

I'm EXTREMELY frustrated at this point. It literally sounds like the bike is going to shatter as I'm riding it. If this is the type of quality Luna provides, I will never buy another Luna product again.

Leave a comment:

• alosip
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EL34
    replied
    [QUOTE=steelersmb;n117189]

Two questions:
    1. I installed this meter a couple of weeks ago and the time always resets when I turn it off. I don't take out the battery or turn it off on the bike but everytime I turn the bike on, the time is wrong again.

I had a 860C start to loose time after 4 months of running just fine
    It would loose almost 24 hours after 7 days

Maybe you have the same issue?

Leave a comment:

• bengreens
    commented on 's reply
    Reset the trip log by holding down + and - simultaneously for a couple of seconds. So easy compared to the stock display it's almost worth the price of admission just for that feature!

• steelersmb
    replied
    Originally posted by EL34 View Post

Yes, the 860C meter shows watts in the lower half
    Below the speedometer.

A colored indicator appears as the watts go up and down
    it follows the circled area in my image

Click image for larger version

Name:	860c_watts.png
Views:	663
Size:	930.8 KB
ID:	117134
    Two questions:
    1. I installed this meter a couple of weeks ago and the time always resets when I turn it off. I don't take out the battery or turn it off on the bike but everytime I turn the bike on, the time is wrong again.

2. How do you reset the trip log?

Leave a comment:

• bradleyland
    replied
    Does an upgraded display show watts produced by the rider? Like a watt meter on non electric bikes?
    The stock display tells you how much cumulative energy the rider has burned in kcal. 1 kcal = 1.16222 Wh.

Leave a comment:

• Bazza
    replied
    Any idea when the newest round of orders that opened in October with early November ship date are expected to ship out?

Disregard this, found the proper thread for this question.
    Last edited by Bazza; 11-05-2020, 06:54 AM. Reason: Found the correct thread

Leave a comment:

• EL34
    replied
    No, there's no human wattage meter.
    Try the pedals and see what you get

Leave a comment:

• alosip
    replied
    For example this pedal has a sensor that measures cadence and power in watts.

Leave a comment:

• alosip
    replied
    I think we are taking about different wattage. I am talking about wattage produced by rider's muscles not by motor/battery. They sell power/wattage meters build into pedals that measure pressure from rider pushing the pedals and calculate wattage using pressure data plus time it was applied. As far as I understand when you ride an ebike you are not generating any electricity by spinning a motor like you would if you were spinning a stationary motor. An ebike's electric motor just adds torque on top of your torque based on torque sensor data.
    Am I wrong?

Leave a comment:

• EL34
    replied
    Great!A regular watt meter for non e-bikes costs hundreds. I guess a torque sensor on e-bike already collects the data to calculate wattage produced by the rider. I am definitely getting this 860C meter. Is it Luna's best meter?
    Wattage is a simple formula
    Amps x Voltage = Watts
    That can be figured out on the bike without a torque sensor.
    The controller may be doing that math or the meter does the math by getting that info from the battery system?

Leave a comment:

• alosip
    replied
    Great!A regular watt meter for non e-bikes costs hundreds. I guess a torque sensor on e-bike already collects the data to calculate wattage produced by the rider. I am definitely getting this 860C meter. Is it Luna's best meter?

Leave a comment:

• EL34
    replied
    Does an upgraded display show watts produced by the rider? Like a watt meter on non electric bikes?
    Yes, the 860C meter shows watts in the lower half
    Below the speedometer.

A colored indicator appears as the watts go up and down
    it follows the circled area in my image

Click image for larger version

Name:	860c_watts.png
Views:	663
Size:	930.8 KB
ID:	117134

Leave a comment:

Working...
X