X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eskachig
    commented on 's reply
    The walk function has been fantastic on my building's stairs, an absolute lifesaver. I put the seat into my armpit to give the tire some traction, and it climbs up by itself in a few seconds. The stairs are pretty steep and the bike is relatively long, so actually hauling it up ends up being a huge pain in the ass.

https://i.imgur.com/vFs6bv6.jpg

I'm so glad it's there and that paxtana mentioned it.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry to hear that, stuff like that needs escalated to a technician so it can take a bit longer. Would be terrible if we spent weeks exchanging a battery only to find out it was something easily fixed like the charger or the port!

• EL34
    replied
    Originally posted by SDebike View Post
    My X1 was delivered two days ago. The battery is defective and will not charge. It arrived with a 70% charge in the battery. I was able to go on one ride and love the bike.
    But now have a battery that will not charge. It appears the BMS is defective with a permanent fault.

So far Luna is very slow and helping resolve the problem with the battery. Has anyone else had issue with their battery or any service related issues and Luna Cycles response time to help resolve it?
    Make sure you do not accept any answers from Tony at Luna.
    Make him go get someone that knows what they are talking about.
    Just my .02 from communications with Tony over the last 11 months

Leave a comment:

• SDebike
    replied
    My X1 was delivered two days ago. The battery is defective and will not charge. It arrived with a 70% charge in the battery. I was able to go on one ride and love the bike.
    But now have a battery that will not charge. It appears the BMS is defective with a permanent fault.

So far Luna is very slow and helping resolve the problem with the battery. Has anyone else had issue with their battery or any service related issues and Luna Cycles response time to help resolve it?

Leave a comment:

• EL34
    replied
    SDebike
    "Repeatedly press Down until the walking mode icon is displayed. Then press and hold Down for 2 seconds and the motor will move the bike along at a walking pace. To stop, release the Down button."
    More like a baby crawl pace. I walk at about 2-3 miles an hour
    The Walk function on my X1 is maybe 1/2 mph at best

Leave a comment:

• jjdicecco
    commented on 's reply
    tristanbrotherton I posted it right above.

• SDebike
    commented on 's reply
    Here is a link for the manual for your display on the X1.
    https://bradland.github.io/unofficia...nfajGH1y_OUgV4

• SDebike
    replied
    Does anyone know if the X1 will have replacement batteries available?
    Luna Cycle sales said they don’t have any replacement batteries available for the X1’s. That would be a problem if your battery fails. You’re stuck with a bike that you can't buy another battery for??
    Anyone know about replacement X1 batteries?

Leave a comment:

• SDebike
    commented on 's reply
    Repeatedly press Down until the walking mode icon is displayed. Then press and hold Down for 2 seconds and the motor will move the bike along at a walking pace. To stop, release the Down button.

• EL34
    replied
    Originally posted by southbaysumo View Post
    I have tried the walk function below assist level 0 and it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there some way it is triggered to work? I picked the rear wheel up off the ground and there is no wheel movement even with throttle engagement. What am I needing to do to get the walk function to start working?
    You have to walk at 1/2 mph which is why I never use it
    I have tried using it to get up and over big obstacles and forest log steps, but it is too slow to be useful

It needs to be more like 1.5 to 2 mph to be useful for the situations I have tried using it

Leave a comment:

• southbaysumo
    replied
    I have tried the walk function below assist level 0 and it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there some way it is triggered to work? I picked the rear wheel up off the ground and there is no wheel movement even with throttle engagement. What am I needing to do to get the walk function to start working?

Leave a comment:

• bengreens
    commented on 's reply
    My X-1 that arrived November 2019 has software 014.4 PAS1 and 2 are great (except for the delays in engaging and disengaging, which occurs in all levels)

My 2nd X-1, which arrived September 2020, has software 014.5, and PAS1 and 2 SUCK, engaging intermittently and forcing me to pedal way harder.

On the plus side, the new bike (I got a Large frame this time) came with a 38T chainring and no lockout of the highest gear (though I need to buckle down and do a thorough adjustment of the indexing and such, as the chain has jumped off into the stays twice).

Also, no problems with the seatpost dropper or tight battery fit on the new bike, and all the bolts throughout are tight (the first bike had all kinds of loose fasteners and made lots of creaks/pops, plus one of the bolts holding the rear brake assembly on was cross-threaded and couldn't be gotten anywhere near tight enough to hold things in place).

• EL34
    replied
    I always hit the button on the battery to turn it off when I am done riding and it is charging
    I don't think the BMS circuitry has anything to do with the battery being on or off

Leave a comment:

• Talltex
    commented on 's reply
    How does the bms work on this battery I assume its not a smart charger so guessing its located in the pack if so cell balancing will only be done with the battery on. I may be way off anyone know how the luna bms operates

• bradleyland
    replied
    Originally posted by Eyedoc1971 View Post
    Just unboxed and went for a 5 mile ride yesterday. PAS 1 and 2 didn't seem that bad per the reports. Will see what version i have. Question: do we turn the battery off after ride or just leave it and charge as needed? Thanks
    I always turn my battery off, because it cuts power to the discharge port. This will help save your connector from arc damage over time. If you are leaving the battery in the bike, you don’t have to turn the power off, but it’s a good habit to get into.

When you install or remove your battery, any current draw will cause small arcing at the connector. These tiny arcs will form pits on the connectors. By turning the battery off, you cut off any current, eliminating any chance of arcing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X