X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EL34
    replied
    Originally posted by alosip View Post

I’ve just measured my spoke nipple size. It’s 3.97 mm. Parktool spoke wrench that fits this size is colored blue. I wonder if LunaCycle puts bigger spikes on X-1 now. Ether that or I measure spoke nipple wrong.
    I measured 3.93mm
    The #12 tool in my photo measures 4mm and it fits better then the red Park tool which is about 4.2mm
    I think a 4mm tool is gonna be the best.
    You need a tiny bit of oversize on the tool

Leave a comment:

• alosip
    replied
    Originally posted by EL34 View Post

I had two wrenches that fit the X1 stock wheels spoke nipples
    The Red Park wrench says C
    And the generic multi wrench says #12

Not sure any of that helps?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_1497.jpg
Views:	790
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	114462

Name:	Img_1498.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	114463
    I’ve just measured my spoke nipple size. It’s 3.97 mm. Parktool spoke wrench that fits this size is colored blue. I wonder if LunaCycle puts bigger spikes on X-1 now. Ether that or I measure spoke nipple wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Rabix
    replied
    Originally posted by southbaysumo View Post
    Has had anyone had experience using 3-inch riser handlebars on their x-1? I have them on my sur ron and dirt bike but I'm unsure if they would be of the same benefit the x-1.
    I’ve got the 50mm Riser Spank Vibrocore bars on, and it was a huge improvement in geometry for me, I got the XL and had to put a 200mm dropper on to get the right leg extension, which put me in a very aggressive stance on the bike, and I had too much weight on my wrists. After I put them on, I easily got PRs on my local descents - climbing steeps is slightly more difficult though to keep the front end planted.

Leave a comment:

• jjdicecco
    commented on 's reply
    The stem was easy to replace just be careful not to over tighten the compression plug in the steerer tube...I broke mine and had to buy a new from a local bike shop

• EL34
    replied
    Originally posted by alosip View Post
    Guys, what is the spoke nipple size on X-1 wheels? The spoke wrench in the Luna kit is too small. Using adjustable wrench is not convenient, I want to get a proper wrench.
    I had two wrenches that fit the X1 stock wheels spoke nipples
    The Red Park wrench says C
    And the generic multi wrench says #12

Not sure any of that helps?

Name:	Img_1497.jpg
Views:	790
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	114462

Name:	Img_1498.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	114463

Leave a comment:

• alosip
    replied
    Guys, what is the spoke nipple size on X-1 wheels? The spoke wrench in the Luna kit is too small. Using adjustable wrench is not convenient, I want to get a proper wrench.

Leave a comment:

• eskachig
    replied
    Originally posted by paxtana View Post
    Incidentally I am pretty sure m600 have walk function just like bbsxx, very handy on staircases. Try holding down either + or - when the display is powered on
    Can confirm walk mode works great on the stairs - put it in the lowest gear and keep some weight on the seat and it goes right up.

Leave a comment:

• Desmodromic
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the info on the fenders! jjdicecco what was your original stem length?

• josgibso
    commented on 's reply
    How long did you have to wait from your order date until you actually received your X-1? I ordered one six weeks ago and just curious how long it typically takes to get one. Thank you

• JoboD’Hobo
    replied
    Originally posted by EL34 View Post

What kind of benefit is there to raising the handle bars way up in the air?
    Are you trying to make it into a bike like the one below?

Name:	bike.png
Views:	856
Size:	542.1 KB
ID:	114383
    DH preference? Tighten neutral cockpit? Slacken AOA? Manuals on speed dial til’ the breako’dawn? Take the middle seat post off of pinky there and she’d probably charge right on down some assovers. No sweat, no hate. Just ride!

Leave a comment:

• alosip
    commented on 's reply
    It doesn’t make the same loud high pitch sounds “Tsing Tsing Tsing” on a stand when I apply throttle and squeeze rear brake at the same time. All I can hear is break pads rubbing on discs.
    Btw I’ve just tightened slightly spokes and put tri-flow lubricant where spokes cross and on a spoke nipple. It made no difference in sounds.
    Last edited by alosip; 09-22-2020, 10:24 AM.

• NovaLuna1
    commented on 's reply
    I'm on the shorter side (5ft 6 or 7, 30ish inch inseam) and went with a size Medium. A size small probably would have been better. The bike only feels big when I have to dismount quickly or on a steep incline but I'm just starting out MTBing, my technique could certainly improve. The original flat bars that came on the bike left me extending my arms a little bit too much to get a good grip and uncomfortable. My posture isn't perfect IMO, so that could have contributed. Anyways, I purchased this cheap 20 dollar handlebar on Amazon with a 2.5 inch rise and slight sweep back and it made the bike feel much more manageable for me here's the link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071P6C9YV..._iiJAFbEFWTZ6J

• EL34
    replied
    Originally posted by southbaysumo View Post
    Has had anyone had experience using 3-inch riser handlebars on their x-1? I have them on my sur ron and dirt bike but I'm unsure if they would be of the same benefit the x-1.
    What kind of benefit is there to raising the handle bars way up in the air?
    Are you trying to make it into a bike like the one below?

Name:	bike.png
Views:	856
Size:	542.1 KB
ID:	114383

Leave a comment:

• Desmodromic
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe the speed sensor magnet/pickup are hitting one another?

• southbaysumo
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X