X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K442
    commented on 's reply
    Neat! So this is going to be X1#2 - sounds like you're going to be keeping the old one, too? Will be really interested to get your review on riding experience between both bikes. Believe it ultimately came down to your early X1 having a rare version 14.4 firmware which reportedly worked pretty well. You skipped over 14.5 and you new bike should have 14.6 - which also reportedly works well? Looking forward to the review!!
  • Adrian Guzman

• Adrian Guzman
    replied
    I am very glad with the Galaxy paintjob. Cant wait to receive my new bike..... Nice upgrade at the same price.

Leave a comment:

• gregwhite220@yahoo.com

• gregwhite220@yahoo.com
    replied
    I droppedby the showroom in El Segundo yesterday to check out the galaxy gloss black paint, which initially I did not request or desire. I wanted the matte black. When I saw the color in person, I was really surprised at how finished and nice it actually looked. Happy with the “mistake”.
    gregwhite220@yahoo.com
    Last edited by gregwhite220@yahoo.com; 07-28-2021, 05:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bradleyland

• bradleyland
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, galaxy black looks phenomenal on the X-1. I love how it’s kinda subtle. Gonna be some happy folks in this batch.
  • paxtana
    Administrator

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Blog also has additional video and high rez pics https://lunacycle.com/blog/new-galax...una-x1-enduro/
  • paxtana
    Administrator

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Hit us up we got some, it is probably a somewhat proprietary piece.
  • OBX John

• OBX John
    replied
    Does anyone know where I can find a left (brake side) front wheel spacer for my X-1? I've been googling and can't seem to find it anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• EL34
    Giga Member

• EL34
    replied
    Yay, Luna just sent me an email saying my X1 is shipping.
    The frame color is different than what I ordered, but that is ok

I already have a flat black X1 from 2019
    This new one will look cool next to the old one

Check out the video Eric made here

Leave a comment:

• KTMracer63
    Ebiker

• KTMracer63
    commented on 's reply
    The gear from Bafang m600 is now a steel gear (it used to be nylon a few years back and melting regardless of output)....
    Good video from 2019....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muSNIUXNNaQ
    KTMracer63
    Ebiker
    Last edited by KTMracer63; 07-25-2021, 10:28 AM.

• K442
    commented on 's reply
    Believe that is your 'shunt mod' for ludicrous option. Done 'aftermarket' and the amber colored solder flux was not cleaned off. Not ideal, but not likely hurting anything, either. Photo is a little small/low res to tell if there is any additional issue there. If water got in, a main concern would be any white/fluffy/crusty deposits on the board - especially if they happen to be between adjacent pins on any of the smaller components on the board. Typical example: https://www.westaby.net/cleaning_images/before%202.JPG
  • cr_cline

• cr_cline
    replied
    Thanks Paxtana, I’m excited to become a member very soon

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    Administrator

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Currently the shipment is still on the water. Should arrive to the shipping port any day now. Then it will be clearing customs, then drayage to warehouse, then shipping and any requested mods will begin. Thank you for your patience so far.
  • cr_cline

• cr_cline
    replied
    Curious, any word or update on the July, 2021 ship date? I know there is a delay but wondering if anyone has a revised ship/est receive date - I’m excited to get my new X-1!

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    Administrator

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Glad we could help :)

• K442
    replied
    Think I finally solved my sudden shutdown / sudden dying / no error codes issue! May have to make a post to gather all info and details, but since I first mentioned it here in this thread...
    https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...489#post125489

TL;DR version - The bike started 'cutting out' / going completely dead whenever moderate power is drawn for pedal assist. This first started last December at 25-30% battery charge, but then it started happening once or twice a month at generally higher charge levels...40, 50, 60%+. Finally it died one day in June with 76% battery - and wouldn't come back on. This was accompanied by a 'burnt electronics' smell coming from the controller end of the battery pack and about 2.5V at the terminals, instead of the expected ~52V.

I ended up tearing down the pack and measuring each parallel group individually...all were ~4.1 V, except for groups 11, 12 and 13. They were about 3.65volts. So apparently the BMS wasn't charging / equalizing those groups effectively - and they were probably going under voltage when higher power was drawn, resulting in the controller shutting down.

In order to save the pack, I went ahead and bought a new BMS...and what the heck... 14S BMS is essentially the same price as 13S BMS - so figured I might as well throw one more parallel battery group in series while everything was torn down!

So back from a Sunday evening ride and seems to be working much better. No cutouts and more power!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X