X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rss26Roger
    replied
    I'm a recent X1 owner, bought used last week. I noticed that the front thru-axle needs an allen wrench to remove. Any reason not to install one with a lever instead?

Leave a comment:

• gregwhite220@yahoo.com
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gregwhite220@yahoo.com
    replied
    Luna has confirmed (several times) that the new non-Ludi X1 comes with 14.6 programming. Looking forward to receiving mine in the coming weeks.

Leave a comment:

• F451
    replied
    Hey guys, newb here, waiting on delivery of an X1 <edit: Ludi version>. CAN'T wait to get it. Wondering what are popular upgrades and tools I might consider getting. Didn't see a sticky or FAQ on it, so feel free to point me to one if it already exists. I will be doing mellow single track rides, beginner 60 yr old rider. Been riding dirt bikes for years, have a Husky FE 350 and an Alta MXR (electric dirt bike - I LOVE my Alta, Lol).

So far I am thinking:

Seat: WTB Volt or WTB Silverado seat.
    Pedals: One Up Components Composite pedals.
    Dropper post: will see how the stock one does, but if I don't like it, thinking one of the PNW Components droppers.
    Brake pads: will see what the stock ones are like, but if they need changing am going with MTX Braking Gold label pads.

Tools:
    Don't know what I'll need, have no bicycle tools at all.
    Spoke wrench.
    1/4" torque wrench: I have one so will have to double check the values on the bike once it gets here to see if mine will work.
    Work stand: what's a good stand capable of holding the heavier X1?
    Any other bicycle specific tools I will need?

Assembly and pre-first ride checks:
    14.6 Firmware loaded? I asked Luna if they could load it, they said they may be able to, no guarantees.
    Check and torque/tighten all bolts, nuts, spokes. Loctite upper and lower/rear suspension pivot suspension pivot. Crank arm bolts.
    Check battery screws, battery is tight?
    Adjust dropper post assembly (if needed) as per: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xpxFNBE-gI
    Check suspension (air pressure in shock too).
    Grease headstock bearings, linkage?

Any other parts, tools, and maintenance you guys would suggest? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks. -Ed
    Last edited by F451; 06-10-2021, 07:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jjdicecco
    commented on 's reply
    Update...I was able to extract the bolt with an ez out...Luna supplied a new bolt ... all good now

• jjdicecco
    commented on 's reply
    Luna can definitely help you with this

• KTMracer63
    commented on 's reply
    might invest in a torque wrench (digital bikemaster) and loctite...
    don't know what I'd do without these....https://bikemaster.com/bikemaster-di...ch-152148.html
    $85 on ebay....
    Last edited by KTMracer63; 06-03-2021, 06:45 PM.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Email support with the pic and order#, can probably help out via special order

• SouthOfDC
    replied
    Originally posted by jjdicecco View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	horst link.jpg
Views:	973
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	125556
    I'm looking for the horst link for the rear shock...This is the bracket/link that holds the rear shock(its the linkage that holds the circled bolt)...I am going to have to drill the bolt out to remove this bolt and want this part just in case it gets destroyed. please anyone that can guide me in the right direction or have one they are willing to sell.
    I'm having similar issues with my Luna X1 as other users, need to find a replacement for this horst bolt. It fell off the bike after transporting it inside my car, likely my fault due to lack of maintenance. Not sure where to source this, in the meantime my bike is useless. Please help!

Leave a comment:

• gregwhite220@yahoo.com
    commented on 's reply
    Of course, the question is, why are you selling it?

• bhaaf
    replied
    X-1 Medium non ludicrous for sale in so cal 92675. It’s like new with very low miles. 40 tooth chainring, 860c display, short crank arms, 14.6 programming and all of the original parts. Why wait, ride now.and save the sales tax. Local pickup only. $3300 obo.

Leave a comment:

• tpellaton
    replied
    Originally posted by tpellaton View Post
    Howdy all. Newbe here. I am interested in buying an X1 and have been reading the posts to get a feel for the bike from all of you. I am conflicted. Currently I have 2 giant stance bikes, the wife's bike has a bbs02 and mine has a BBSHD both of which I custom programmed. The Giant stance seems to be an OK bike and the battery fits well on the downtube. Happy with both bikes and mine has many upgrades. We are seniors and do not ride crazy hard like all the younger people.

My bike which is a 2015 giant stance has about 8000 miles on it and the frame, swing arm, shocks, forks, etc are near worn out, however I am able to keep it going for now. I have always treated toys like this roughly, but not so much now that I am older. My best options may be to replace the Stance (if they ever become available from Giant) or buy an X1 when they become available. After reading the many great posts here, I am concerned about the reliability of the X1 as well as parts and battery availability.

Have many of you here made the transition from a custom bike with a BBSHD to X1? Regrets? Please tell me all about your experiences if you have. Much appreciated.

From what I have read it would be great to have an X1 with a BBSHD cleanly tucked into it. I am also concerned with the lack of programming of the X1. My custom programs for the BBS are simply even spaced power increments for predicable easy use with some very low power options for flat rides. We also like the shift stall sensor and brake cutoff safety switches. We do use the throttle sparingly mostly for starts and slow speed navigation through tricky terrain trying to minimize pedal strikes and potential falls.

Thanks for any feedback.

Thanks for all the good Feedback on the X1 purchase upgrade. My wife rode a girlfriends Bulls with the brose motor a few weeks ago, then told me it was time to get rid of her pogo stick bafang converted Giant Stance. Gotta love her for making this upgrade decision so much easier.

So I ordered two medium X1's, non ludi with silent gear. So glad they suddenly became available! Must have been destiny. The claim is for shipping in early July. Hope it is sooner since they already have my money. We have had the converted Giants since 2015. I guess it is time to take a bold leap into the ebike future as these ebikes and mountain bikes in general have really had a lot of evolution in just a few years. From reading the many X1 posts in this forum I am impressed that Luna has listened to you all and practiced some continuous improvement for this product. Specifically, I saw a post from the moderator stating that all new non- ludi X1's will be shipped with the 14.6 firmware update and the website says new bikes will have the shorter crank arms and a 38t front sprocket. Very cool. I see that replacement batteries are also available and am thinking about buying one spare while they are still available. Also looking forward to a solid frame and much improved suspension. My Giant bike frame, fork and swing arm especially flexes so much in a hard turn that you can hear the tires rubbing.

I also appreciate reading about all the maintenance experiences. I will definitely tighten and loctite all the frame/ pedal fasteners put a strap around the battery, check seat post cable, etc. I have had to find broken frame parts/ fasteners for my Giant. What a nightmare and Giants are sold in stores everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    The cost of an amp-hour meter (coulomb counter) is a shunt feeding the microcontroller A/D and a few lines of code - don't be silly. Plenty of consumer products with battery management systems do this, e.g. most all modern laptops do.

% meters on bikes are just voltmeters displaying voltage as % (linear conversion) anyway - might as well get voltage as it has more meaning even if all you are doing is just learning the SOC for a given battery

But if someone prefers a voltmeter that has a readout in % instead of volts - good for them if that's what they have

Me, I'm sticking with my amp-hours and voltage... I'm so accustomed to them on my bike I know exactly what's going on with whichever battery I'm using for that ride - I've got five or six batteries that behave a bit differently so for me there's far more power with the numbers... but that's just me

YMMV

Ride on

• ribeyesteaks
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with Brian99. Voltage is not a rough method. It's garbage. No one has the time to go out and figure out what their discharge curves look and feel like on their particular LiION battery powered device. It's the dumbest thing on the planet to even suggest. And the worse thing is, you're likely shooting a moving target since the discharge curves get even worse over time as the battery degrades. It's why there are MUCH smarter people than anyone in this forum who have been tackling this issue for awhile use a battery percentage based on estimates and extrapolations built in software. No one is going to put an amp hour meter into a god damn smart phone. It's not even practical and costs too much money to make it worth while.

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    Math? I don't do *any* math.... I just know what the different voltages mean to me for the different batteries I have... you learn what the voltage means like you learn when to shift, etc. It'd be like doing math to figure out when to shift or how much pressure to put on the handlebars to turn... don't need no math, you just learn

E.g. with my little 48V batteries when they read 48V they're getting past half way, at 45V they're low, time to be close to home

Then again I have an amp-hour meter

You can learn a % gauge too (especially if it at least covers the whole range of voltages the battery will run at) even when the percent doesn't really mean anything except a translation of the voltage (that's all they ever are unless you measure amp-hours)... that was a point I was trying to make
Working...
X