X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TruthAche
    replied
    *** PAS lunging in PAS 1 & 2. ***

Just got my X1 in March 2021 and only have about 60 miles on it. When I ride in PAS 1 or 2 the motor/bike seems to lunge forward and back. Once I go to PAS 3 or higher it seems fine. Any idea on what it could be?

Local eBike shop says it could be something with the controller, but they didn't look at it. I have:
    • Large Frame
    • Ludicrous Mode
    • Luna M600 Silent Drive Upgrade
    • 860c Display Upgrade

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    Monitor voltage or even much better yet get a battery monitor with amp-hour/watt-hour totalizer

It's been pretty much understood that looking at percent or bars or whatever that isn't numeric is not anywhere near as informative... good enough that after a while you'll know when it's close to done but at this point I can pretty much tell that by the feel of the motor due to voltage sag being a lot greater at low charge...

• EL34
    replied
    Originally posted by ribeyesteaks View Post
    I searched the thread and I guess the battery indicator on the bike computer / display is worthless? Why does it show 64% battery left when on the battery level indicator itself it's down to just 1 red dot? I noticed this last weekend when the bike started losing steam (power) as I was riding back from the trails. From my last e-bike, this usually means voltage is dropping as the battery has less juice. I checked the battery indicator and it's at 65%. Checked the battery indicator on the actual battery when I got home, and lo and behold it's nearly drained.

You guys need to get this fixed.
    % on the X1 is a worthless figure
    % of what is the problem?

The most you can set the meter to is 52 volts but the battery pack can actually be charged to 13 x 4.2 = 54.6 volts

Battery voltage tells the exact story
    The battery should not be drained down any more than somewhere around 42-43 volts
    The 860C meter is the way to go
    You can set it for voltage display

Click image for larger version

Name:	860cmeter.png
Views:	451
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	127677

Leave a comment:

• ribeyesteaks
    replied
    I searched the thread and I guess the battery indicator on the bike computer / display is worthless? Why does it show 64% battery left when on the battery level indicator itself it's down to just 1 red dot? I noticed this last weekend when the bike started losing steam (power) as I was riding back from the trails. From my last e-bike, this usually means voltage is dropping as the battery has less juice. I checked the battery indicator and it's at 65%. Checked the battery indicator on the actual battery when I got home, and lo and behold it's nearly drained.

You guys need to get this fixed.

Leave a comment:

• EL34
    replied
    Pre-orders for July are open
    https://lunacycle.com/x1-enduro-ebike/

Leave a comment:

• Mike Eatough
    commented on 's reply
    I fitted a bbshd (Ludicrous) to my X1. It fits quite well without needing to modify the X1 frame. It was a bit short on range so I had Bicycle Motor Works make a 14s- 5p 17.5 amp/hr battery & adapted it to the stock battery end pieces. For an hour or so its the funniest single track bike I ever had.

• KTMracer63
    replied
    Originally posted by bhaaf View Post

I’d also like to have the X1 with the BBSHD. I have my hardtail programmed perfectly and it kicks my X1’s butt. The M600 drive could be made much better if we could program it to our style and terrain. I’m looking forward to checking out the new controller from wattwagon expected in June.
    Yep and in our dreams since the X1/M09 is minus a true bottom bracket....maybe Dengfu will dream up a new frame.

Don't know how much better the m600 can get than with the 14.6 firmware and now I could care less about programming the motor. Works great for my riding style and trails....everything's subjective obviously.
    Last edited by KTMracer63; 05-03-2021, 08:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KTMracer63
    commented on 's reply
    If you're referring to the 2 phillip screws for the battery pins mount, I thought mine were stripped at first also, there are nuts on the other side that are hard to see unless you remove the motor cover guard. Those 2 nuts hold the pin assembly/cable to the bracket going to the motor. I bought spare mounts from Luna, if you want I'll share a pic of it.
    Last edited by KTMracer63; 05-03-2021, 08:02 PM.

• bhaaf
    replied
    Originally posted by tpellaton View Post
    Howdy all. Newbe here. I am interested in buying an X1 and have been reading the posts to get a feel for the bike from all of you. I am conflicted. Currently I have 2 giant stance bikes, the wife's bike has a bbs02 and mine has a BBSHD both of which I custom programmed. The Giant stance seems to be an OK bike and the battery fits well on the downtube. Happy with both bikes and mine has many upgrades. We are seniors and do not ride crazy hard like all the younger people.

My bike which is a 2015 giant stance has about 8000 miles on it and the frame, swing arm, shocks, forks, etc are near worn out, however I am able to keep it going for now. I have always treated toys like this roughly, but not so much now that I am older. My best options may be to replace the Stance (if they ever become available from Giant) or buy an X1 when they become available. After reading the many great posts here, I am concerned about the reliability of the X1 as well as parts and battery availability.

Have many of you here made the transition from a custom bike with a BBSHD to X1? Regrets? Please tell me all about your experiences if you have. Much appreciated.

From what I have read it would be great to have an X1 with a BBSHD cleanly tucked into it. I am also concerned with the lack of programming of the X1. My custom programs for the BBS are simply even spaced power increments for predicable easy use with some very low power options for flat rides. We also like the shift stall sensor and brake cutoff safety switches. We do use the throttle sparingly mostly for starts and slow speed navigation through tricky terrain trying to minimize pedal strikes and potential falls.

Thanks for any feedback.
    I’d also like to have the X1 with the BBSHD. I have my hardtail programmed perfectly and it kicks my X1’s butt. The M600 drive could be made much better if we could program it to our style and terrain. I’m looking forward to checking out the new controller from wattwagon expected in June.

Leave a comment:

• Brian99
    commented on 's reply
    I got my X1 about 5 weeks ago. My battery was difficult to remove, to get it to move out to grab the edges. So after reading this, I checked all of the screws on the battery and its mounts. Most were right on, and I re-tightened. 2 philips were stripped, but only have to hold shear? so were okay. Now my battery drops out a couple of mm so that I can grab it when I unlock it. Maybe I heard it rattle on bumpy rides. I I added a small patch of mastic in the frame and there is no play now. I had also dry lubed the locking pin thing with my plant-based wax, which helps it slide in and out.
    BTW, mastic is what I have used for frame protection where needed, even on the ends of the crank arms. I love that stuff now; I had never used it before, but it's also apparently from trees. It also damps resonance great.

• EL34
    replied
    I have 2300 miles on my Stock, non Ludi X1.

I also have a BBSHD fat bike with Luna BBSHD and Wolf battery combo
    I have programmed a couple things on the BBSHD

I hardly ever ride the fat bike because the X1 is so much better, IMO
    Just the torque sensor alone on the X1 is enough to seal the deal for me

Leave a comment:

• tpellaton
    replied
    Howdy all. Newbe here. I am interested in buying an X1 and have been reading the posts to get a feel for the bike from all of you. I am conflicted. Currently I have 2 giant stance bikes, the wife's bike has a bbs02 and mine has a BBSHD both of which I custom programmed. The Giant stance seems to be an OK bike and the battery fits well on the downtube. Happy with both bikes and mine has many upgrades. We are seniors and do not ride crazy hard like all the younger people.

My bike which is a 2015 giant stance has about 8000 miles on it and the frame, swing arm, shocks, forks, etc are near worn out, however I am able to keep it going for now. I have always treated toys like this roughly, but not so much now that I am older. My best options may be to replace the Stance (if they ever become available from Giant) or buy an X1 when they become available. After reading the many great posts here, I am concerned about the reliability of the X1 as well as parts and battery availability.

Have many of you here made the transition from a custom bike with a BBSHD to X1? Regrets? Please tell me all about your experiences if you have. Much appreciated.

From what I have read it would be great to have an X1 with a BBSHD cleanly tucked into it. I am also concerned with the lack of programming of the X1. My custom programs for the BBS are simply even spaced power increments for predicable easy use with some very low power options for flat rides. We also like the shift stall sensor and brake cutoff safety switches. We do use the throttle sparingly mostly for starts and slow speed navigation through tricky terrain trying to minimize pedal strikes and potential falls.

Thanks for any feedback.

Leave a comment:

• 2wheelsanything
    replied
    the 15inch Voile strap is the perfect length. It goes on the first hole and stays nice and tight and not alot of extra strap sticking out. I positioned mine where the strap/buckle is on the inside of the frame.

Leave a comment:

• KTMracer63
    commented on 's reply
    and adding the inner compartment velcro adds just "that slightly" more lip of battery body (2 to 4mm at most) for the cinch strap to pull up into...would have to hit something pretty substantial to get mine to move.

• Mike Eatough
    commented on 's reply
    Not quite true EL34, the bottom of the battery has a "lip" so a strap will sinch the battery up tight without any packing pieces
Working...
X