Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to source these crank bolts too as the frame that I bought from Dengfu was missing them. Here's what I got and they are bolt on replacements:

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/w...EaApHIEALw_wcB

Comment

• dhartst
      dhartst commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I founds similar on AliExpress and Ebay. Much appreciated. Luna is sending me a replacement, but something tells me it's a good idea to have a few of these standing by.

Originally posted by Mike Eatough View Post
    thanks, Bradleyland I'll try your tricks but I have the same experience as you even if I stay in PAS 1of 3 The pawer cut seems to be around 150f, I wonder if the motor would tolerate a higher setting? I'd be willing to risk it & experiment
    Where did you get the 150F figure? This also happens to me quite often as it's always 90F and more where I live (PH).

Comment

Does anyone know what the torque spec is on the crank arm bolts? I’ve cinched them down to 9nm and they are still a little creaky when pedaling hard uphill. Also has anyone sourced shorter crank arms?

Comment

• eskachig
      eskachig commented
      Editing a comment
      9nm is actually a fairly low torque - 6.6 foot pounds. With carbon components, precise and not low torque + loctite is critical because you need to prevent cracking. But with cranks the situation is usually altogether different, everything is more robust, and you're more worried about not stripping threads. I confess I generally do cranks by feel, but pretty sure I always crank it harder than that. I'd guesstimate pinch crank arm bolts to be around 10 ft-lb. More old fashioned ones with the big bolts are more like 40.

I believe I saw info about crank arms in this post
    You would have to look at the post to find that info

Comment

Interesting comment here on Facebook from Eric at Luna
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/fast...2613144452961/

facebook member question
      Why on Ludi controller toque sensing works worse than on stock one m600? I see similar issue with Bosch bikes with chip
      Eric Hicks:
      the higher the power the less effective torque sensing is...torque sensing is really best for low power....so if you have a ludi controller and you want to really feel torque sensing keep your bike on the lower power settings...at higher power settings lets say 1500 watts your legs will be not relevant.

Comment

Good find and good info! I can definitely see there being some 'dark arts' to tuning a torque sensor. Considering the average person can deliver a couple hundred watts, I could see it being much easier to match a couple hundred watt motor to that effort than a couple thousand watts ...especially given only 3, 5 or 9 steps to do it. Then when you go back and consider variability of any one person's physical output, the motor/assist tuning would be even more complex.

I can certainly see how this leads to a lot of reports of assist being "nothing...nothing....nothing....too much....too much....too much..."

Does make me wonder, though...reportedly the main difference in ludi vs non-ludi is in a current shunt located in the controller? So probably a low volt signal generated at the shunt to allow the controller to vary power output. If that signal were altered, it would seem to give at least some tunability to the system? Possibly make it think it's a 0-500W system for even more steps on the low end, or a 0-900 watt system for a 'little more, but not full out'?

Comment

Does anyone know when Luna will start shipping preorders? It says “early August “ on their website but I have not heard anything from them about my X1 Enduro preorder i made earlier.

Comment

• alosip
            alosip commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you send an email out when it get shipped so I know when it arrives so I can be home to sigh for it?

• golivefree
            golivefree commented
            Editing a comment
            It's been a week! :-) Like alosip, I have some moving dates I'm trying to work around. Do we have any additional guidance? Thank you!

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes we send automatic email.

Great! Thank you. Can’t wait to get mine. Does the new shipment of Enduro have any updates/modifications compared to the last one?

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Not as far as I know. Someone on my team is trying to see if we can offer this with an optional upgrade for box 2 prime 9 groupset but that's still up in the air

• bhaaf
            bhaaf commented
            Editing a comment
            Any thoughts for an X-2 with the M620 motor that’s programmable. I’d be all in.

Hi everyone, just joined and hope I am posting correctly - just had a few questions on the x1...Does anyone know if there is a motor shut off when the breaks are engaged? How about a shift sensor that cuts power when shifting? I see quite of debate over PAS levels 1 and 2 not offering much assist, could this be caused by not being in the proper gear? I have an eMTB with the Bafang M400 and must say it is pretty smooth on all levels (1-5) and gradual engine engagement so no real jerkiness. Luna seems to have customized programming on this so would lead me to believe that it is programmable and why wouldn't Luna do its best to have all PAS levels be pretty smooth. Any input from current owners would be greatly appreciated. Also has anyone compared the m600 to the m620 - wondering if the m620 is smoother with the various PAS levels. Would the m620 even fit on the x1 if it is the solution???

Comment

Anyone know if this 860c display from AliExpress would work for the X1? Says it's compatible with the M600, but not sure if there's any Luna special sauce that has to go into the display for it to work. Would buy straight from Luna if they had in stock.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...334d614fUtncHj

Thanks!

DH

Comment

Has anyone replaced the headset and have the specs on it? I have a ZEB 180 fork coming and will likely replace the headset and stem in the process. I’m 6’6 with disproportionately long legs, so with the Fox factory all the way up for a good leg extension, that front-end is still too low with a 50mm riser bar on... Figure the 180 Fork will help get me in a slightly more comfortable position so I don’t have so much weight on the wrists, and give me a little more slack. I just hope it doesn’t put my weight too far back. Also have some E*Thirteen wheels and tires coming, and upgrading the rear rotor to 200mm. Will let y’all know how it comes together. I’ve put about 800 miles on the bike so far, and I love it. It was good even before the upgrades I’ve been putting on. Definitely lose the pedals though, they had very low grip, and if you are a heavy rider, get some decent metallic brake pads (you’ll smoke the rear organic fast).

Comment

Originally posted by MTNYC View Post

(1) Does anyone know if there is a motor shut off when the breaks are engaged?

(2) How about a shift sensor that cuts power when shifting?

(3) I see quite of debate over PAS levels 1 and 2 not offering much assist, could this be caused by not being in the proper gear?

#1 - No there is not and there is no need for that. I have never used brake cutoffs on Ebikes I am not sure why people even think they need such a thing?

#2 - It has a torque sensor. There is no need for a shift sensor. You shift gears just like any other mountain bike. You back off the power with your legs as you shift to get a smooth shift

#3 - All 9 PAS work on my X1, so this is not true.

Comment

• kite_rider
                  kite_rider commented
                  Editing a comment
                  EL34 doesn't speak for everyone regarding items #1 and #2. I find the brake cutoff very helpful when navigating very technical terrain. I don't think he rides really steep and rocky trails. For example, the 'East of Stanley' and 'Yankee Fork' trail network near Stanley, Idaho (all E-bike legal and fun trails with an X1) fits that description. If he can clean those trails with a 40 tooth front sprocket and only using PAS 1 and 2 I'd change my opinion. If your trail network is old logging roads that have been converted to trails; then I'd probably agree. But I think the lack of brake cutoff and no program-ability are the big downsides of the X1. I'm also skeptical of the Ludi controller which I don't think has been useful for me (but I've not compared it against a non-ludi ride).
                  Last edited by kite_rider; 08-18-2020, 08:40 AM.

Originally posted by Rabix View Post
                Has anyone replaced the headset and have the specs on it?
                it's just a standard 1 1/8"-1 1/2" Tapered headset like shown in my link
                https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32899963977.html

I have replaced the lower bearing on my X1 once

I have also replaced that same exact bottom bearing on two other bikes

That bearing always rust out because water can sit on top of it
                Water will get through the rubber seals eventually

Also dirt accumulates around that bearing and that adds to the problem

I have not been able to find the bearing by itself, so I just buy cheaper headsets and strip out the bearings

Click image for larger version

Name:	Headset.png
Views:	340
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	111879

Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_1480.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	339.9 KB
ID:	111881
                Attached Files

Comment

• Rabix
                  Rabix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks!I Herskerhans on YouTube provided the specific cup specs to use for an angle headset .. I've ordered a Works Components 1.5 Degree EC44-ZS56 Angle Headset to add some slack. Will let y'all know how that works out.

• Rabix
                  Rabix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  BTW, thanks for the recommendation for the MTX gold brake pads, IIRC that was you that listed them... They are such an improvement over the stock pads.

Originally posted by dhartst View Post
                Anyone know if this 860c display from AliExpress would work for the X1? Says it's compatible with the M600, but not sure if there's any Luna special sauce that has to go into the display for it to work. Would buy straight from Luna if they had in stock.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...334d614fUtncHj

Thanks!

DH
                Don't know
                I think Luna would have to answer that
                I would contact customer support and ask

Comment

• bhaaf
                  bhaaf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It has the proper connector so it should work.

bhaaf
                It has the proper connector so it should work.
                I would like to know if it works
                Someone needs to order one and let us know.

I love the 860C I got from Luna
                I did not like the stock X1 meter

Comment

• dhartst
                  dhartst commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ordered. I'll report back. I emailed Luna to ask, but haven't heard back. Fingers crossed, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

DH

• dhartst
                  dhartst commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It works. No issues, no speed limits.
              Working...
              X