Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my x-1 today. Yea!! Good packaging, no damage.
    I assembled it without any problems. The only problem I have now is a bad electrical connection to the controller( I think). It took me several minutes of jiggling wires before controller lit up. Then during my first ride it would cutoff suddenly many times. Sometimes I need to jiggle and sometimes controller just reboots/restarts in the middle of the ride. I checked all connectors and they all seem to be seated all the way, properly and securely but I could not feel a “click”. I checked all the pins inside male part of both connectors that plugged into the controller. They all seems fine, no broken or bent ones. Please advise.

update: I managed to finally insert controller connectors so they stay connected.
    Last edited by alosip; 09-12-2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• bradleyland
      bradleyland commented
      Editing a comment
      The primary culprit is the connector that goes to the back of the display. Be sure it’s firmly inserted. If it still wiggles loose when you ride, out a dab of silicone on the side of the connector (never in the pin holes!).

• josgibso
      josgibso commented
      Editing a comment
      How long did you have to wait from your order date until you actually received your X-1? I ordered one six weeks ago and just curious how long it typically takes to get one. Thank you

Do you know if the wolf tooth 104BCD chain guard works with X1 and what chain ring bolt size we need.

Comment

• Rabix
      Rabix commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m running a 38t Wolftooth 104bcd drop stop, it works great. I also went with the wolftooth chain ring bolts, but they require a stubby hex wrench to install properly. I would just try using the stock bolts, since the wolftooth ring is countersunk like the original ring.

• mw195
      mw195 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am thinking no. Unless you go with a 34T or smaller chainring as their site only shows compatibility up to 34T. Now that the bike appear to be shipping with 38T, may have to look elsewhere.
      https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/...ng-for-104-bcd

First time off-road today did 50 miles on the streets to figure everything out and kinda do a shakedown. Well off-road is a better shakedown always check your bolts every stop im new to ebikes hell even bikes period . Great wealth of knowledge building on this thread

Comment

• Desmodromic
      Desmodromic commented
      Editing a comment
      As others have mentioned here, when it comes to clamp bolts like for crank arms or the clamp on the stem, it is wise to alternate when tightening and bringing to full torque. The "ears" that the bolts go through will deflect/bend slightly as you tighten so you can easily trick yourself into believing things are tight when they're not.

If I might ask, what is that big bundle of wire zip tied to the left side of your photo?

Hello ... I’m new to the forum... I just received my x1 this week and I absolutely love it... no issues at all so far... I was curious if anyone knew where I can purchase a new battery... mine in fine but I dropped it And put a small chip on it... lol I have crazy ocd when it comes to my bike

Comment

My brand new X-1 Enduro is creaking really bad. Should I lube it somewhere? I am attaching a video.

Comment

• golivefree
        golivefree commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey I just ran into the same thing with my medium frame! I narrowed it down to the thru bolts on the rear shock. I took them out and cleaned them - the creaking stopped for a few minutes, but started again. I asked Luna support and they recommended taking the bolts out completely to grease them. See their response below. I bought some marine grease and put it back together, but lost the through bolt! So now I'm trying to figure out where to get a new bolt.

Try out the grease and let me know.

Hello Glenn,

Sorry to hear this. Yes in general just any moli grease or marine grease will be good for the

pivot bearings. Please check this video out:

https://youtu.be/HILJ_9yJJwk

NOTE your bike will be brand new so it probably doesn't need to be de-greased first.

Just add a little bit marine grease and should be good to go.

-Tony
        Lunacycle Customer Support

Does anyone know where to get a replacement bolt for the rear shock? (I need the top one).

Comment

Rear shock bolt seat looks messed up. Does anyone else's look like this? I just took it apart today to try to fix a creak coming from the rear shock. This doesn't look normal... Thoughts?

Brand new bike. First time the bolt has been removed.

Comment

• alosip
          alosip commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s not the best chamfered hole I’ve seen but it’s probably fine. Chamfered holes in carbon fiber might look bad when you use dull cutting tool. I’ve checked mine and it looks pretty bad too.
          Last edited by alosip; 09-12-2020, 07:26 PM.

• eskachig
          eskachig commented
          Editing a comment
          Should be we putting carbon paste on the place where the bolt seats? This is my first carbon frame and I'm about to switch the shock.

It's hilarious if this bolt needs three different. kinds of goop on it - grease, carbon paste, and threadlocker.
          Last edited by eskachig; 09-13-2020, 10:10 PM.

I just took apart my rear suspension pivot to grease it so hopefully it’ll stop creaking like crazy. I found that it has two plain metal bushings. Should I replace them with ball bearings? Does anyone know what size and type can fit?

Comment

• golivefree
          golivefree commented
          Editing a comment
          That's not a bad idea. If you find specific parts that work, I'd be interested.

• eskachig
          eskachig commented
          Editing a comment
          Bushings are often fine in this application where the linkage spends its entire life within a narrow angle of operation. My old turners had bushings everywhere and were indestructible.

Guys, how much torque should I use to tighten these two pinch bolts on the crank?

Comment

• Rabix
          Rabix commented
          Editing a comment
          I use 14nm, and be sure to alternate several times to get them both cinched real good. Tightening one will slightly loosen the other, so you have to do this a few times - now I get no creaking.

12-14NM. I torque mine on 14NM and never comes off on the trail again.

Comment

I have learned a lot from this forum but I find it difficult to find specific info quickly so I created a Facebook group luna x1 riders. I couldn't find any others. Any other groups on Facebook x1 specific?

Comment

Originally posted by Talltex View Post
            I have learned a lot from this forum but I find it difficult to find specific info quickly so I created a Facebook group luna x1 riders. I couldn't find any others. Any other groups on Facebook x1 specific?
            Got a link?

Comment

• Talltex
              Talltex commented
              Editing a comment
              Search luna x1 riders on Facebook

Does anybody know, if it's possible to hardwire a headlight? Any pointers are appreciated. If yes, where to connect, specs on the light, ... What worked, what didn't. The DP C240 display has the headlight/backlight indicator, that's what has me wondering. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Talltex View Post
            There is already X1 Facebook group.
            I was on it for a while until the usual social media crap started

Comment

• Desmodromic
              Desmodromic commented
              Editing a comment
              What's the name of the existing group?

Desmodromic
            It's actually Luna Cycle Owners and it has 700 members
            Most of the chat was about the X1 when I was a member
            Here's the group
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/542550172936944