Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up, I've had my Luna X1 2000 watt with silent gear for a week now and no matter what gear or whether I'm coasting, peddling or using the throttle the gears are making a constant gut wrenching clanking noise . I've had the derailleur aligned and straightened at a local shop but its still doing it. Put in a support ticket but I'm seeing places Luna is slow to help and I cant find any info on this so any help would be appreciated!

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Remove the chain, hit throttle and listen if issue is still there

Did anyone convert Luna's X1 stock wheelset to tubeless? Can this be done? I've no experience with tubeless and was wondering if anyone tried it before me.

Comment

Originally posted by alosip View Post
      Did anyone convert Luna's X1 stock wheelset to tubeless? Can this be done? I've no experience with tubeless and was wondering if anyone tried it before me.
      The stock wheel set on the X1 is no different than any other, just way heavier than most wheels
      You just seal up the spoke holes, add Stan's and then inflate using high pressure so the bead pops and seats properly

Watch video's on YouTube if you have never done it before

I don't use rim strips to seal the spoke holes
      I use 1/2 inch wide Nylon strapping tape
      I go around 2 or 3 times to make sure everything is sealed and that the tape is wide than the spokes holes

Comment

Some useful information on Luna X-1's geometry - first, the actual chart.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sizing__46220.1560993327.png?c=2.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	427.7 KB
ID:	117014

But this is not entirely accurate for our bikes because they come a little overforked - the original Dengfu M09 was designed with a 150mm fork in mind. So the actual stats are a little different. I put the stats from the medium frame into this geo calcluator: https://bikegeo.muha.cc/ and added the Yari to show the changes. These should be the true values for anyone curious.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 1.33.01 AM.png
Views:	447
Size:	317.4 KB
ID:	117015

Bonus for what throwing a -2 degree headset does to the X-1 geo:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 1.34.24 AM.png
Views:	446
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	117016

Aside from a slack 64 degree head angle, most other values go close to stock.

Comment

Does an upgraded display show watts produced by the rider? Like a watt meter on non electric bikes?

Comment

Does an upgraded display show watts produced by the rider? Like a watt meter on non electric bikes?
          Yes, the 860C meter shows watts in the lower half
          Below the speedometer.

A colored indicator appears as the watts go up and down
          it follows the circled area in my image

Name:	860c_watts.png
Views:	388
Size:	930.8 KB
ID:	117134

Comment

Great!A regular watt meter for non e-bikes costs hundreds. I guess a torque sensor on e-bike already collects the data to calculate wattage produced by the rider. I am definitely getting this 860C meter. Is it Luna's best meter?

Comment

Great!A regular watt meter for non e-bikes costs hundreds. I guess a torque sensor on e-bike already collects the data to calculate wattage produced by the rider. I am definitely getting this 860C meter. Is it Luna's best meter?
              Wattage is a simple formula
              Amps x Voltage = Watts
              That can be figured out on the bike without a torque sensor.
              The controller may be doing that math or the meter does the math by getting that info from the battery system?

Comment

I think we are taking about different wattage. I am talking about wattage produced by rider's muscles not by motor/battery. They sell power/wattage meters build into pedals that measure pressure from rider pushing the pedals and calculate wattage using pressure data plus time it was applied. As far as I understand when you ride an ebike you are not generating any electricity by spinning a motor like you would if you were spinning a stationary motor. An ebike's electric motor just adds torque on top of your torque based on torque sensor data.
                Am I wrong?

Comment

For example this pedal has a sensor that measures cadence and power in watts.

Comment

No, there's no human wattage meter.
                    Try the pedals and see what you get

Comment

Any idea when the newest round of orders that opened in October with early November ship date are expected to ship out?

Disregard this, found the proper thread for this question.
                      Last edited by Bazza; 11-05-2020, 06:54 AM. Reason: Found the correct thread

Comment

The stock display tells you how much cumulative energy the rider has burned in kcal. 1 kcal = 1.16222 Wh.

Comment

Originally posted by EL34 View Post

Yes, the 860C meter shows watts in the lower half
                          Below the speedometer.

A colored indicator appears as the watts go up and down
                          it follows the circled area in my image

Name:	860c_watts.png
Views:	388
Size:	930.8 KB
ID:	117134
                          Two questions:
                          1. I installed this meter a couple of weeks ago and the time always resets when I turn it off. I don't take out the battery or turn it off on the bike but everytime I turn the bike on, the time is wrong again.

2. How do you reset the trip log?

Comment

• bengreens
                            bengreens commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Reset the trip log by holding down + and - simultaneously for a couple of seconds. So easy compared to the stock display it's almost worth the price of admission just for that feature!

[QUOTE=steelersmb;n117189]

Two questions:
                          1. I installed this meter a couple of weeks ago and the time always resets when I turn it off. I don't take out the battery or turn it off on the bike but everytime I turn the bike on, the time is wrong again.

I had a 860C start to loose time after 4 months of running just fine
                          It would loose almost 24 hours after 7 days

Maybe you have the same issue?

Comment

Working...
                          X