• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Your attachments are not visible..

• Mike Eatough
    replied
    I bought a set of pedal taps ($18) & shortened my crank arms to 150mm, no more strike

Attachments area
    Preview attachment 20191012_135115.jpg

20191012_135115.jpg
    3.8 MB
    s.

Leave a comment:

• DASSXF
    replied
    I just bought my Luna X1 bike and I have noticed That the pedals hit the ground at the slightest of turns. The stock pedals that come with the X1 seem to be higher profile. Would anybody recommend a lower profile pedal that would eliminate this problem?

Leave a comment:

• DB60
    commented on 's reply
    I haven't checked my watt indicator yet but that does seem pretty low even if that's half but I think you might not see the high watt readings until you put a considerable load on it like climbing steep hills? I have adjusted the derailleur to the 11T and it definitely helps but my chain skips a little in level 3 of 5. It's ok in level 2 but too much torque in level 3 I guess. I put on a 38T front sprocket with a longer chain which helps top speed. It goes plenty fast for an enduro bike. I have a little power carry over in level 3 of 5 but not that big of a deal. These bikes are fantastic for off-road technical trails, they're not built for speed on the street. I really enjoy mine so far...
    Last edited by DB60; 3 days ago.

• Michael Long
    commented on 's reply
    When you say top gear, have you adjusted the derailleur to allow the 11T, or are you topping out on the 13T? That could explain your top speed issue right there. I’m getting to around 26-27mph on throttle only, and I can break 30 with all out pedaling on windless flats. This is pavement, not dirt.

I know it’s not ideal, but sticking to PAS 3 out of 5 or lower virtually eliminates the motor carryover after you stop pedaling.

• Monkey Bike
    commented on 's reply
    The stock SX derailleur HAS a clutch, it’s just on all the time unlike Shimano where you can turn the clutch on and off

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    You can change the chainring on it for higher speed

Reported power output with ludi is half of actual as extensively covered already. The controllers are typically marked if they are Ludi. They take a sharpie and put a black mark right on the controller, one of the letters on it. I can not promise that will be there but it usually is for ludi.

• HIGHVOLTAGE
    commented on 's reply
    The X-1 is first and foremost a trail riding bike for hills and rough terrain, not a high speed commuter. All of that wattage goes into torque and acceleration so while your wife probably passes you on the flats, you will surely pass her on the hills, especially the really steep ones with rough terrain where the Rad would get lugged and probably would not even make it at all.
    Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 5 days ago.

• RRR
    replied
    Thanks for comments thus far. took it for more real-world ride today. Must say, all my early concerns and trepidation about a generic chinese frame are gone - the suspension and geometry rival my nice and much more expensive Santa Cruz. With effort I could eventually even wheelie a bit. But my worries about motor persist.

-My top indicated speed, full battery, PAS 5, highest gear, flat land no wind at 60degrees F is 21.3 MPH. That can't really be all she's got, can it?
    -The watt indicator on computer says 121-128 watts max. Is there another setting other than current for such info? What are you seeing?
    -still trying to learn how/if can verify ludicrous mode without precarious case removal/tape/wires/multimeter
    -the delayed assist cutoff (1-2 strokes after pedaling stopped) is super disconcerting on technical spots. Or cliffs. Not letting others ride this on tricky trails EVER.

I guess I'm wondering if my electronics could somehow be compromised and below the standard of others' bikes... Just seems impossible to believe this is the 2000W dream everyone else loves. Really want to support this bike, am impressed with Luna on may fronts, but not ok that my wife passes me with her cheapo 120lb radpowerbike 2 wheeled-shopping cart while lugging kids and a dog trailer...

Leave a comment:

• bhaaf
    commented on 's reply
    You don’t get full power with the throttle unless your in PAS 5. The throttle is regulated by the level of PAS your in. I’d like full throttle in all levels of PAS.

• DB60
    commented on 's reply
    Nice wheels! Thanks for the info...

• DB60
    commented on 's reply
    I'm a new X1 owner also and I have felt the same way about spending more for the Specialized but the X1 has way more power and you can almost get two X1's for the price of a similarly equipped Levo. My Power assist starts within a 1/8 rotation just like everybody else's. The throttle works fine on mine, it reminds me of the left thumb throttle I used to have on my old 550 jetski. If you're an old MTBer like me then I would think you only need to use the throttle occasionally anyway. I don't think you want a twist throttle on this type of an Enduro Bike. My dropper post works good for me for now, first time I've had one though. I guess it can't have all high quality components for the price of the bike. My wheels seem pretty good for now as well but they could probably use a little adjustment. The Saint brakes are very high quality, I haven't had any issues with them other than the front caliper rubbing slightly. Much more info to be had in all the previous posts here, endless-sphere.com and on Facebook fast electric bike forum. Enjoy it...
    Last edited by DB60; 5 days ago.

• Michael Long
    commented on 's reply
    For power, the only real way to test if you have ludi is to use a multimeter. If it reads twice what the display is showing, then it’s ludi. There’s some good instructions towards the beginning of the thread on where/how to do that. Another thing to note is that even in level 5, it’s not giving 100% power 100% of the time. It scales the power with your torque.

My power usually kicks in less than a 1/8 rotation, so over a 1/2 rotation seems off. I do find that it holds power a good half second after I stop pedaling though, which can be frustrating at times, although it’s only really noticeable at the higher assist levels.

I know someone either in this thread, or perhaps Wayne in his thread, has replaced the throttle with a twist throttle they got from Luna, so it’s definitely possible, but I believe there was some DIY wiring involved, so if you’re looking for plug and play, you may be out of luck.

I haven’t put my wheels in a truing machine or anything, but I haven’t noticed any glaring issues there. My back brake is a little soft, but I never use it so whatever. The front one works great.

Hope some of that helps!

• RRR
    replied
    First time poster - have wanted X-1 since announced last year, have finally got and assembled. I'm 6'1, 230lb, old time MTBer, was super excited about this bike, for all the obvious nerdy reasons. Luna is trying to do something super cool, no complaints there - and it is hard to execute. It looks cool. $4500 later, though, I am a bit worried I should have paid more and got the better refined Specialized. Am I missing something? Is there more to the setup and adjustment to make it feel right?

-Power: paid for Ludi, but honestly doesn't feel any stronger than typical 500Watt Euro Mtbikes I've ridden. Strong, but not ludicrous. How do I know if I actually got Ludi?
    -Latency / power delivery: Is it just me, or does the power engage 1/2 a rotation too late every time? Fixable?
    -Throttle: My wife's $1400 rad power bike has an infinitely better twist throttle setup. The little plastic lever is unwieldy, cheap, and engages clunkily as well as slowly
    -Misc: the dropper has been discussed ad nauseum, but cheap. Did your guys'/gals' wheels arrive true? Mine are crazy wobbly. Brakes super soft too.

Some buyer's remorse is normal... Hoping to tap the hive's knowledge and see if with some tinkering this can be the beast I had hoped! TIA

Leave a comment:

• Monkey Bike
    replied
    I have done lots of research on wheels for the X1 and I have learned some things I would like to share to maybe help out those looking to do the same. First, I wanted to get a 38-40mm inner rim width. Rim width is huge with mountain tires, it’s a fine balance of rim and tire width. I think the original rim has a 36mm inner width and the tire looks like a ballon in comparison to my new setup. I can visibly see a difference in tire width on the wider rim and expect better traction as an added benefit. I originally thought I wanted 32 spoke hole wheel as opposed to more standard 28 hole but ended up getting a great deal from the below ebay seller locally.

I found two choices one expensive and a bit cheaper from China:

Name brand 28 hole 40mm inner width rim

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reynolds-27...955c%7Ciid%3A1

China 32 hole 38mm inner width set:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3295...33544c4dheyFVO

You can kind of see what I am talking about in this picture. See the shadow between the rim and tire tread on the stock rear wheel in comparison to the front carbon wheel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0CE2A0FE-C47F-4F8D-8F97-2DD7657500CE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.44 MB ID:	99892
    Last edited by Monkey Bike; 5 days ago.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X