• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Should be shipping in about a week

• alosip
    replied
    Does anyone know when Luna will start shipping preorders? It says “early August “ on their website but I have not heard anything from them about my X1 Enduro preorder i made earlier.

Leave a comment:

• K442
    replied
    Good find and good info! I can definitely see there being some 'dark arts' to tuning a torque sensor. Considering the average person can deliver a couple hundred watts, I could see it being much easier to match a couple hundred watt motor to that effort than a couple thousand watts ...especially given only 3, 5 or 9 steps to do it. Then when you go back and consider variability of any one person's physical output, the motor/assist tuning would be even more complex.

I can certainly see how this leads to a lot of reports of assist being "nothing...nothing....nothing....too much....too much....too much..."

Does make me wonder, though...reportedly the main difference in ludi vs non-ludi is in a current shunt located in the controller? So probably a low volt signal generated at the shunt to allow the controller to vary power output. If that signal were altered, it would seem to give at least some tunability to the system? Possibly make it think it's a 0-500W system for even more steps on the low end, or a 0-900 watt system for a 'little more, but not full out'?

Leave a comment:

• EL34
    replied
    Interesting comment here on Facebook from Eric at Luna
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/fast...2613144452961/

facebook member question
    Why on Ludi controller toque sensing works worse than on stock one m600? I see similar issue with Bosch bikes with chip
    Eric Hicks:
    the higher the power the less effective torque sensing is...torque sensing is really best for low power....so if you have a ludi controller and you want to really feel torque sensing keep your bike on the lower power settings...at higher power settings lets say 1500 watts your legs will be not relevant.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Eatough
    commented on 's reply
    I fitted a cheap (small digital ) automotive temperature gauge. I bonded the sensor onto the motor case with epoxy,
    There are several available for under $10, search Google
    https://www.google.com/search?q=digi...ohwGj5KweJ5PvM
    Last edited by Mike Eatough; 1 week ago.

• dhartst
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! I founds similar on AliExpress and Ebay. Much appreciated. Luna is sending me a replacement, but something tells me it's a good idea to have a few of these standing by.

• EL34
    replied
    I believe I saw info about crank arms in this post
    You would have to look at the post to find that info

Leave a comment:

• Rabix
    replied
    Does anyone know what the torque spec is on the crank arm bolts? I’ve cinched them down to 9nm and they are still a little creaky when pedaling hard uphill. Also has anyone sourced shorter crank arms?

Leave a comment:

• joost
    commented on 's reply
    It’s been my experience; building is way more expensive than buying close to what you want. Sure you can cobble together parts off eBay but that takes lots of time and more often than not you run into incompatibilities that cost you more in the end.

Whenever you try to make a “hybrid” You end up with an Chevy el Camino. But hey some folks love the el Camino:)

• theflyinglandwalrus
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Eatough View Post
    thanks, Bradleyland I'll try your tricks but I have the same experience as you even if I stay in PAS 1of 3 The pawer cut seems to be around 150f, I wonder if the motor would tolerate a higher setting? I'd be willing to risk it & experiment
    Where did you get the 150F figure? This also happens to me quite often as it's always 90F and more where I live (PH).

Leave a comment:

• theflyinglandwalrus
    replied
    Had to source these crank bolts too as the frame that I bought from Dengfu was missing them. Here's what I got and they are bolt on replacements:

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/w...EaApHIEALw_wcB

Leave a comment:

• dhartst
    replied
    I already posted this in another forum that was actively dealing with this issue, but this one seems to have a bit more going on. Apologies for the repeat, but after about 120 miles, the left crank arm fell off mid-ride this last weekend. Everything was torqued down ahead of time, so next step is loctite all around. The biggest issue (luckily!) is that I lost the cover bolt as you can see in the attached picture.

I emailed Luna on Sunday about a replacement but have yet to hear back. I took a chance and ordered this (thanks to another forum user), but I'm not holding out hope it will work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/174012213841

I haven't had any other issues with the bike at all, but I'm not getting back on it until I have a suitable replacement, which I'm worried may be a while.

Any insight/help is most appreciated.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Rabix
    commented on 's reply
    Brake pads... yes I’ve only got 320 miles on, checked my rear pads just now and they were nearly down to the spreaders. Put some new MTX gold pads on. Hope they last longer...

• Rabix
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe contact this guy, he built one that’s got better geometry for DH: https://youtu.be/iwNVofQxV9c

• Mike Eatough
    replied
    thanks, Bradleyland I'll try your tricks but I have the same experience as you even if I stay in PAS 1of 3 The pawer cut seems to be around 150f, I wonder if the motor would tolerate a higher setting? I'd be willing to risk it & experiment

Leave a comment:

Working...
X