• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apocalypse V3 Scooter

Luna Apocalypse V3 Scooter

Note: Work in progress, this page to be updated later

Tires size: 255x80

Changing a flat: You split the rim to fix a flat similar to v2, rather than removing the tire. This greatly improves how easy it is to do :)

Suspension: This new suspension is sort of like a Thudbuster in that it is similar to a rubber elastomer. This also cuts down on moving parts, thus increasing durability.

Length: 51" tire to tire length. This is from the end of the tire to the other end of the tire, i.e. not from the tire center to tire center. In other words this is the overall length.

Deck: The deck is wider than is usual, wider than the previous version. This helps with stability and ease of use.

Switching to single motor mode: There is a light button on the scooter. Hit the button and it switches to single motor mode.

Anti-Theft: After putting in alarm / standby you hit the chirp button. You might have to press unlock to get it to stop chirping. But after that if someone touches the handlebar or causes any vibration, it starts chirping loudly.

level 1 - 10 mph in both dual and single mode
    level 2 around 25 in dual and single mode .
    level 3 is around 28 in single mode then click it to dual and it goes well over 40 mph

TO MPH: click menu button go to system and change to imperial . hold +and - button to reset trip

Power meter is not functional on this scooter.

Storage

There is a lock and unlock function on the scooter. When you leave it unlocked the system is still powered (even if the lights and dashboard are off). There is still a parasitic drainage on the battery each day (can drop 0.5-1V per day). But if you lock it (using the remote) the drainage will stop. All the scooters are shipped in the locked position or avoid drainage while in transport or storage.

Documentation:
    Quickstart Manual
    User Manual

Q: How you switch from km/h to Mp/h?
    A: Menu . then select system settings

I really want to order one of these. Couple questions.
    1) Is there any steering stem play/wobble?
    2) Most 60v scooters I have seen have a jerky/too sensitive throttle at low speeds. Has that been addressed on this scooter?

Comment

If you mean high speed wobble that is always going to be a concern on anything the faster you go, especially with both smaller form factors (ebikes, e-scooters, e-skateboards) and the less rigid body you get with a folding machine. If you want stability at 60v we also sell Sur-Ron which is fantastic, and can handle speeds of 45mph no problem by even fairly inexperienced riders.

As it says on the listing it is for experienced riders only and only sold for racing. If you are not sure if you can handle it then please do not buy it. Anything that folds up is not going to be as rigid as something that does not have a folding mechanism, which is the trade-off we pay for convenience.

But you know, just because a scooter can go some particular top speed does not mean we have to. These are not some basic crap sold on amazon where you peg it wide open throttle to get where you want to go. These are custom production runs for EV enthusiasts that want to push the upper limit of what is possible and accept the risks.

Yes I would say from your question about throttle if you are expecting some sort of sedate acceleration that is going to coddle you, this is not the scooter for you at all. This is raw power for racers, as it says on the listing.

Comment

Thanks for the response and advice. I better not buy it. Doesn't sound like it's for me. Here's what I was talking about: https://youtu.be/ZyOTEdp9Zto?t=452
        Last edited by rx3; 12-31-2019, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Mayport
          Mayport commented
          Editing a comment
          I know you already got the other EV but just for the record:

There are 4 bolts on the stem just above the clamp. If they get shook loose you get a small amount of play similar to the video but it's not enough to affect the steering mostly it just rattles if you don't put weight on the handlebars at all. It only happened once and I tightened them more than before and haven't had the issue since. When they are tight there is zero play at all like shown in that video.

Yikes. I have never seen play in the steering column like that on any apocalypse version, or even the super scooter version that preceded it. Does the manufacturer of the scooter in your video actually ship them like that?

You can expect a small amount of play in just about any hinge, but that is ridiculous. I would think it is a defect because otherwise I would consider it a critical design flaw.

Comment

Is it possible to make the brakes the same as an american mountain bike? left=front, right=rear

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Well sure, anything can be modded if you put enough work into it. Extending the brake line from the rear to the other lever is nothing a competent bike shop can't do.

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
          Yikes. I have never seen play in the steering column like that on any apocalypse version, or even the super scooter version that preceded it. Does the manufacturer of the scooter in your video actually ship them like that?

You can expect a small amount of play in just about any hinge, but that is ridiculous. I would think it is a defect because otherwise I would consider it a critical design flaw.
          I ended up getting the Dualtron 3 and it didn't have the steering play like that video. Acceleration is super smooth, not the crazy raw power you describe for the Apocalypse. I raced dirt bikes and still ride. Smooth acceleration is important. "Raw power" upon slight throttle is not good. The only thing I don't like about the Dualtron is the index finger throttle. Will be changing that to a thumb throttle, which will be available in a couple months.

Comment

What is the password for the advanced menu on the display? Sorry if it was already posted somewhere. I tried 1919 and 1199 and neither worked.

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing in advanced is a typical user-editable setting, and the settings that are in there have the potential to damage either the scooter or the user if configured incorrectly. As such the shop is not making login for Advanced available on the Apocalypse V3 scooters.

• Mayport
              Mayport commented
              Editing a comment
              Well that is disappointing.

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              I get that but advanced has nothing in it is useful to end users.

It is more like "set the motor phase angle" and stuff that the factory used, which is just going to break it if anyone changes it.

The throttle on the v3 doesn't respond until it is pressed almost halfway. Is there a way to calibrate it so I have use of the full travel on the throttle or do you think it's a bad throttle and should I try a replacement? Also do you sell replacements for the dashboard? Mine came with scratches and a gash on one side and it had me wondering about replacement parts since there are none available on the Luna site at all.

Comment

• Mayport
              Mayport commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the response about the dash. I'm not that worried since everything seems to work with it. I was just curious if I slammed it into something and smashed it totally how hard it'd be to replace. I'll hit up support about the throttle but you say it's supposed to work that way? Looks like the same one that I have on the bbs setup and it doesn't seem to have the same issue when setup properly. I figured I could change the same settings somewhere so I could calibrate the current one or change it to a different one but I'm not seeing the settings. I haven't tried plugging it in using the bbs programming cable but I doubted that would work. Will that work?

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Those are questions I feel would be more appropriately asked of our support technician Seb, I do not have those answers at this time and do not want to give potentially bad info

• Mayport
              Mayport commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks again. I went ahead and sent the email.

The power draw part of the dash, is that supposed to work because mine just says 0W no matter how much the motors are pulling. I imagine it just isn't supposed to work? Also, what are the top speeds you've been able to achieve with this because I can only get it up to just under 25mph on a flat surface (dual motors, assist lv3 which is the max). Is that normal as well?

edit: For anyone wondering the power draw issue is normal with these dashboards and my scooter has an issue with the front motor causing the low speed. The shop tested out one of theirs and it runs over 50 mph. Just wish I lived anywhere near Cali so I could just drive up to Luna.
            Last edited by Mayport; 01-21-2020, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Not too sure, it is such a new product. But we should be able to find out if you ask Seb about it.

• Mayport
              Mayport commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks again for the response. I chatted with Seb and there's definitely an issue with the scooter which we're working on sorting out now.

To anyone looking at this scooter: At least know Luna has great support if you do have an issue.

New owner here. I got my scooter just a couple Idays ago. I have a review pending on Luna website. So far I am loving this thing. I've only put about 20 miles on it as of now but I'm getting to learn much about it. This is one fast ride. One of my bikes will go this fast

Comment

I just bought the apocalypse scooter and love the looks of it. I have followed the start up directions to the letter, read all of the manuals online and others, but still have an error. The panel turns on except there is an error message 30H and Connection error. Please help me correct these error messages. Can’t wait to get it on the road

Comment

I have tried to figure out how to access the menu to change to MPH but when I long press the menu button I get USB charging - not the menu. Anyone know how to change to MPH. Also in I long press the - button I get a P? Not sure what that means. The - button is supposed to be the USB charging according to my manual... Thanks in advance. Charging and cant wait to try.

Comment

I reset one of my V3 to factory and now it has an inaccurate speedo. Reads about double what is should. 60mph and 90kph

any ideas? Could one of the secret advanced settings be changed?

help. Thanks

Comment

Any tips on how to set the clock? also MPH instead of KPH and finally the power draw also just says 0 watts all the time on mine as well.
                  the scooter runs great, and the wife is very happy overall -- would just love to sort out these last few things

Comment

Working...
                  X