• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress on the in-house axle locker prototype

Comment

• Danz E-ryd
      Danz E-ryd commented
      Editing a comment
      paxtana When will these be ready for use? I'm anxious to get mine back on the road as it is essentially un-rideable now with the IGH issues.

Looks good. But make sure the axle hole flats are really tight. Even to the point of needing to by lightly tapped into place. That will be key to keeping the dome nuts from loosening. A slight amount of play in the drop out slots will be much better tolerated because the Dome Nuts will rotate relative to the thread locker. I'll be safety wiring mine so it won't matter. But not everyone here has that ability. I would recommend everyone buy a set of aircraft safety wire pliers/wire and learn to use it.

Comment

OK - stupid question time! My apologies as this whole world is completely new to me.

Given this is a mid-drive, when using the throttle are the cranks engaged or disengaged? In other words, does the crank freewheel while using the throttle or do your feet continue to go around as if you were pedaling? We just picked up a belt drive bike for my wife (Priority) and I can't see how the pedals would disengage while on throttle. Seems like that would be annoying and defeat the purpose of even having a throttle - other than a way to quickly boost power on demand without bumping up the power level.

Mine's on order and expected to be shipped in early July. I can't wait!

Comment

• ncrkd
        ncrkd commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations on your pending purchase, and welcome to the forum.

The pedals on the Bafang and Bosch motors can freewheel when the motor is running, because of a one-way clutch. You can still assist the motor if you pedal faster than the motor is going.

• damienfink
        damienfink commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks to both ncrkd and AZguy! This thing sounds pretty cool.

The crank freewheels from the chain ring

Comment

So, I ordered one yesterday but am confused now. Above you say it comes with the USB display and a charger. When I ordered there was no mention of any charger and the display could be upgraded for $75 to have a USB interface. I will contact them tomorrow but it sounds like they are just selling an incomplete bike and hoping for upgrades. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Of course it comes with a charger, no prebuilt ebike from any company comes without a charger.

Both the stock display and the upgrade display have USB. Folks buying the upgrade display are not doing so because it has USB but because it is better, more colorful, and has more features. This is indeed an upgrade from the stock display, you can see the upgrade display here
          https://lunacycle.com/m600-luna-full...able-selector/

• damienfink
          damienfink commented
          Editing a comment
          @paxtana

Was this available in the original pre-order? I don't remember it being offered as an option and I am interested in the upgrade. If it was and I missed it - that's on me; though I recall the only options were for the silent treatment or a warranty. Unfortunately - well not really unfortunately as I'm juiced to get my bike - my bike has already shipped. Too late to upgrade?

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          The upgrade display was only recently restocked, yes it was an option but gets autohidden if out of stock.

You could always buy the upgrade display separate if you want

Hi Paxtana thanks for all the info on this thread, sounds like you guys are getting on top of the issue with the IGH twisting, i would of thought SA would of made it clear the requirement for this hub to stop the flex? my understanding is this hub is designed for fat tire electric bikes? or is it that the frame and hub don’t quite match? thanks again

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          I do not work in the design of bikes nor do I speak with SA, sorry. For what its worth I have not seen any document from SA that the hub needed to be more fixed in position than other hubs, but that does not mean such a document does not exist. Who knows, maybe it does.

• Rope_Byrne
          Rope_Byrne commented
          Editing a comment
          This type of response is neither helpful nor adequate. The question was not provocative but the answer is just downright nasty. I know Luna could care less, but I believe that this is the last bike I buy from Luna

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          The question was answered honestly to the best of my ability, as were all questions here. This thread is now locked, if you want to make baseless criticism do it outside of the documentation thread.
      Working...
      X