XLR 4-pin male connector -- mounting to output cable on Luna 36V charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XLR 4-pin male connector -- mounting to output cable on Luna 36V charger

I have a Stromer ST-1 Platinum. The furnished charger is junk. I am replacing it with a 36V Luna to prolong battery life and get control over charging. I ordered an male 4-pin XLR connector to replace the XT-60 connector that comes with the Luna. Question is--how do I connect it? The four pins on the female XLR receptacle are numbered, but what do each of them do? Anyone else done this? Thanks.

I don't have either of those, but if I were doing it, here's how I would go about it:
    1. Even though the XLR has 4 pins, it is likely that only 2 are used.
    2. Plug the new XLR male plug into the battery and with your multi-meter measure and note which solder connectin point is +ve and which is -ve.
    3. With charger unplugged, cut off the XT-60 connector and strip a short length of each of the 2 wires
    4. Plug the charger in and with the multi-meter, measure which is +ve and which negative
    5. Solder the +ve wire to the +ve connection point on the XLR and same for the -ve side
    6. Cover with shrink wrap or other insulator
    7. Check again that you have polarities right before plugging to battery.
    If I were doing it, I would build an "adapter" using a short length of wire and male XLR at one end and XT-60 at the other rather than butcher the Luna charger.

Comment

Fred, many thanks, this is extremely helpful. I don't have a multi-meter but this is a good time/excuse to get one. And I really appreciate the adapter suggestion. As you say, risking butchering the Luna would not be smart. I really appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
      X