Charge spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charge spark

Hi, I just purchased a ew29 trike. The 1st time I tried to charge the battery, it fried the wire to the charge port. I just got a new charger and battery, 1st attempt to charge, I heard charger sparked as soon as it touched the port. I'm afraid to try again. What could be causing this?

Btw- 48v battery

Comment

Plug the charger into the wall socket first, then plug it into the battery.

Comment

I did...I've tried it both ways. The time is fried, that was the scenario. ...

Comment

Which charger and which battery?

Comment

it's a 48v battery and charger. The battery is in cased so not sure of brand, charger says hengguang....China I assume

Comment

the dealer is saying that it's normal, ,,,uh, doubtful, ,,,seeing how ones already blown up in my hand due to this...

Comment

Sorry, I assumed it was a Luna charger and battery, since this is a Luna Cycle forum. I've got two different chargers and four different batteries. One of the chargers I have to plug into the wall first prior to plugging it into the battery. This is the case with the Luna advanced charger. If I do it the wrong way, I get a big spark. The other charger is a cheaper one, but still purchased through Luna Cycles. With that one, I make sure the battery is off, then plug it into the battery, then plug it into the wall socket. However, I don't get a spark when I reverse this order. You're best to follow the recommendations of where you purchased it.

Comment

Ok. Thanks so much for responding

Comment

Take a multi-meter and check the polarity of the charger and the battery. Positive to positive and negative to negative like jumping a car battery.

Comment

Working...
                    X