This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

big sparks when i plug my charger in

Everytime i plug my 300 w luna charger into my luna 52 V battery i get a big spark. Last plug in it fried the peice that plugs into the battery. Is this normal? Is there a replacement part?

I don't know (specifically) about the Luna charger, but I have 2 different 48V generic chargers for 2 different bikes. If I plug the chargers into the batteries first, they spark. If I plug the chargers into the wall outlet first and wait until the green light comes on, THEN plug into the battery - no spark. Works for me!

Comment

I too am getting the spark which is creating a burned spot on the connectors. It doesn't matter if I plug it in.

UPDATE: The headlight was turned on. When I turned it off I still get a tiny spark but not worrisome.
      Last edited by Ruminator; 06-06-2017, 07:54 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

You have to plug the charger in first wait about a minute then plug the battery in and you shouldn't get a spark

Comment

If you plug the battery in before you plug the charger in you will always get a spark

Comment

I found if you take apart the wires at the connection. Plug one into the battery. It does not spark. Then plug in the battery , connect at the connection, it does not spark.

Comment

Working...
            X