Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

52v 3 amp Luna advanced mini charger no auto shut-off with no load...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

52v 3 amp Luna advanced mini charger no auto shut-off with no load...

Just noticed this... Now I don't expect to really have a need because I will be plugging in the battery directly after plugging in the charger. But could this be an indication of an imminent problem?
    See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Do you mean red LED is ON and fan running before it's connected to the battery pack? Do you have DVM (volt meter) check the open voltage on charger output. It should be slightly above 58V.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-charger-issue

Comment

This is my Advanced Mini Charger...

Similar, but not exactly like this one... HERE.

Thinking that it has the same features, I expected it to not have a voltage output after 3 minutes. (Auto shut-off) Perhaps this has changed....? Operations as follows. With the charger set to 100% and after plugging in to line voltage, LED 1 is red, and LED 2 is green. Output is 59.4 volts DC. Connecting to battery results in normal charging. Both LEDs going red and fan starting. And battery voltage increases.Then tried plugging it in to line voltage and nothing else, then checked output voltage after 10 min. Same results. Plugged into battery resumes normal charging. I mean it's charging O.K. Guess I'm just confused about the features.

Comment

• ykick
        ykick commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the holiday best wishes. I'm still scratching my head trying to decipher what you're asking?

You measure no voltage potential on the output when it's plugged into the AC outlet while the LEDs are Green & Red? But, it kicks into charge mode both LEDs red and fan running when connected to a battery pack? And most importantly the pack charges?

I don't think I've got any Luna mini that behaves that way? I can always measure top charge voltage on the output when it's plugged into AC outlet and the LEDs show Green and Red.

Just a bump to the top with a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year wish for everyone!

Comment

We switched factories since we made the documentation about auto-off. Actually the first factory did not have it, then the second factory put it there and we had to make warnings about it to prevent folks from thinking it's dead when it just needed to be momentarily unplugged, now it's produced at yet another factory.

Thanks, Merry Christmas to you as well.

Comment

• calfee20
          calfee20 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes Merry Christmas
      Working...
      X