Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Charger selector knob broke off?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Charger selector knob broke off?

Anyone else experience this with the 300W Advanced Charger from Luna? I was carrying the charger in a bag on the way to work, and when I arrived I noticed the power input selector knob broke into pieces and fell off. I can still change the setting but it's more difficult than when the larger knob is on there.
    Power input knob broken into pieces.

I'd just epoxy the two pieces of knob back together, or form a new knob out of Sugru. But you don't wanna glue the knob to the shaft.
    Thanks for the warning about transporting the charger.

Comment

I can send you a knob if you want to pay shipping. It's one of the greenish ones from the latest version but it'll fit.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
        Anyone else experience this with the 300W Advanced Charger from Luna? I was carrying the charger in a bag on the way to work, and when I arrived I noticed the power input selector knob broke into pieces and fell off. I can still change the setting but it's more difficult than when the larger knob is on there.
        Where is Radio Shack when you need them.

Comment

Same thing happened to me, but I think the switch broke internally as well.
          The charger is acting oddly and cycles on/off/on/off when the battery gets near full.
          Does Luna have a replacement switch, or does anyone know if I can buy a generic replacement part from an electronics shop?

Comment

Cycling on/off near full is part of what it is supposed to do, that is part of the cc/cv charge cycle..

Comment

Knobs like that are easy to find. Parts Express has em, for example.

For the switch, Parts Express or Mauser would have one. You'd just need to find it. 5 position rotary switch, or whatever
              Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses!
                The cycling on/off is beyond how it has performed in the past.
                It's like the whole unit is turning on/off, fan, leds, etc.
                It's seems to be doing this around 53 volts, and not getting a full charge.
                I'm not sure how a broken switch could cause this, but I think it's too much of a coincidence to be anything else.

Comment

Working...
                X