Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Charger selector knob broke off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jprossbach
    replied
    Thanks for the quick responses!
    The cycling on/off is beyond how it has performed in the past.
    It's like the whole unit is turning on/off, fan, leds, etc.
    It's seems to be doing this around 53 volts, and not getting a full charge.
    I'm not sure how a broken switch could cause this, but I think it's too much of a coincidence to be anything else.

Leave a comment:

• JPLabs
    replied
    Knobs like that are easy to find. Parts Express has em, for example.

For the switch, Parts Express or Mauser would have one. You'd just need to find it. 5 position rotary switch, or whatever

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    Cycling on/off near full is part of what it is supposed to do, that is part of the cc/cv charge cycle..

Leave a comment:

• jprossbach
    replied
    Same thing happened to me, but I think the switch broke internally as well.
    The charger is acting oddly and cycles on/off/on/off when the battery gets near full.
    Does Luna have a replacement switch, or does anyone know if I can buy a generic replacement part from an electronics shop?

Leave a comment:

• calfee20
    replied
    Originally posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    Anyone else experience this with the 300W Advanced Charger from Luna? I was carrying the charger in a bag on the way to work, and when I arrived I noticed the power input selector knob broke into pieces and fell off. I can still change the setting but it's more difficult than when the larger knob is on there.
    Where is Radio Shack when you need them.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    I can send you a knob if you want to pay shipping. It's one of the greenish ones from the latest version but it'll fit.

Leave a comment:

• artdrectr
    replied
    I'd just epoxy the two pieces of knob back together, or form a new knob out of Sugru. But you don't wanna glue the knob to the shaft.
    Thanks for the warning about transporting the charger.

Leave a comment:

• PatrickGSR94
    started a topic Advanced Charger selector knob broke off?

Advanced Charger selector knob broke off?

Anyone else experience this with the 300W Advanced Charger from Luna? I was carrying the charger in a bag on the way to work, and when I arrived I noticed the power input selector knob broke into pieces and fell off. I can still change the setting but it's more difficult than when the larger knob is on there.
Working...
X