Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KP240J-60L charger overheating after tinkering with the voltage

Hi,

Need some help, got this charger that was set to 54.6, wanted to set it to 52.9V so that it would charge only 80%. After tinkering with it to find which knob is actually the voltage regulator, I found it and set it to desired voltage of 52.9V. Now Iv'e noticed that the charger heats up significantly. Can anyone help me with this? #1 in the picture is the voltage regulator, #2 is unidentified and I did try to turn it, #3 is unidentified and I didn't turn it.

You increased the current, most likely. So, now the charger is exceeding it's rated power, this will overheat it. You'd need to re-calibrate that setting. And confirm the CV and cutoff current threshold didn't get affected.

The calibrations on a charger really shouldn't be messed with if you don't know what you are doing, you effectively ruin the charger, and using it on a pack after that would be unwise. Get it back in spec or replace it, my advice.
    Last edited by JPLabs; 02-25-2018, 04:42 AM.
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Originally posted by JPLabs View Post
      You increased the current, most likely. So, now the charger is exceeding it's rated power, this will overheat it. You'd need to re-calibrate that setting. And confirm the CV and cutoff current threshold didn't get affected.

The calibrations on a charger really shouldn't be messed with if you don't know what you are doing, you effectively ruin the charger, and using it on a pack after that would be unwise. Get it back in spec or replace it, my advice.
      Well damn, my only hope is to get it back the way it was now,the 6A fuse didnt blow but the charger is rated for 4A

Comment

This might help.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...i-and-advanced
        Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Originally posted by JPLabs View Post
          Much appreaciated!!

Comment

Working...
          X