Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing a display in 300w Luna charger (w/video)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing a display in 300w Luna charger (w/video)

The 300w charger is a very popular choice for many since it can be purchased in several different voltages. The voltage display on the front face of the charger has been known to go bad on some units. This does not affect the chargers ability at all, it will continue to function as usual but you will need to use a multi meter or the voltage display on your pack if so equipped.

To change out the display is actually quite easy and if you built your eBike you can probably manage this.

Tools needed:
    • Phillips screwdriver
    • Standard screwdriver
    • X-Acto or utility knife
    Directions:
    1. Set the charger in front of you with the display facing up.
    2. Each end plate is attached with 4 screws in the corners. You only have to remove the top ones.
    3. Tip the top cover up and away from you carefully. The display is connected to the charger with a small cable. Unplug this cable from the back of the display.
    4. The short sides of the display may have a line of glue. Use the utility knife to scrap away any glue until there is a clean edge between the aluminium cover and the plastic display.
    5. The display is held in by 2 clips on the long edges of the display. Use a standard screwdriver to press the clips in and forward to dislodge the display.
    6. Once loose, remove by pulling evenly from the face side.
    7. Take the new display and orient it so the plug for the wire is on the bottom. Slide it into the opening and press evenly on both edges to seat it completely.
    8. Reattach the wire to the back of the display.
    9. Replace the cover and install the 2 screws into each end plate to secure.
    10. Done !
    I made a quick 2:40 video showing the procedure.

Last edited by Bicycle365; 06-23-2016, 08:03 AM.

Recently, the display in my Advanced charger MELTED! This charger always ran hotter then I thought it should. On closer inspection, I found that the fan was pushing air INTO the charger, making bearly a trickle of warm air coming out of the other side. I opened it up, and did a 180 with the fan. Now it runs much cooler(pulling air thru).

Comment

• JPLabs
      JPLabs commented
      Editing a comment
      Melted. Ouch. That's not good to hear.

Pics?

Are the displays available to order for those out of warranty? I found replacement fans on eBay. That was a very easy fix!

Comment

I replaced my display with this: DC 15 to 120V Waterproof Red LED Panel Meter DC Digital Voltmeter Two-wire: from EBAY, I don't NO how to post a link!

Comment

Originally posted by mrm View Post
        I replaced my display with this: DC 15 to 120V Waterproof Red LED Panel Meter DC Digital Voltmeter Two-wire: from EBAY, I don't NO how to post a link!
        THANKS!

Just copy and paste the url. http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-15-to-120...kAAOxyUgtTO5uD

Last edited by Louis; 08-14-2016, 07:25 AM. Reason: Added thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X