X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StvMan
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Marcos….understood…I ended up using the VESCTool from the VESC site and was able to reload the current stable LUNA firmware……my V2 is back up and running with new motor core, albeit without temp cutoff functionality…..back to using the side of the leg for temp monitoring…….anyways, your time is better spent developing this stuff……..that being said, any support you can offer is greatly appreciated…..thanks again….Steve

• marcos
    commented on 's reply
    i see the problem now... I archived some files in the server to keep tidyness for the team, I didn't know that archiving takes down the public link. I need a couple more days to sort out a huge shortage headache and I'll get back to you guys

• StvMan
    commented on 's reply
    Xcnick, I replied to your earlier post about the tool availability (link inactive), however I mistakenly commented on the firmware availability (link active). So I deleted my post rather than clarify……….Bottom line, the firmware link was reactivated by Marcos, however the VESC Tool is still inactive……So I now have the same ask you….can the moderator please reactivate the link for the LUNA VESC Tool…….Thx

• xcnick
    replied
    VESC Luna edition link which says it is no longer sharing:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (35).png Views:	0 Size:	553.3 KB ID:	130393

It may be on my end. I got an email that StvMan sent a post, but when I click it says I am not authorized to see it. I tried refreshing the first page of the post, nothing. Can we try to post a link here?

my VESC tool says it is 3.00
    Last edited by xcnick; 21 hours ago.

Leave a comment:

• xcnick
    commented on 's reply
    Great, send me a PM with attachment if it is not buggy.

On another note, I am still looking for the latest VESC Luna Edition, which has the motor temperature displayed big enough I can see it. In the first post of this thread, the link to VESC Luna edition still says “not sharing any more”.

• marcos
    commented on 's reply
    I was chatting with the eggrider developer today about this, I was testing their soon-to-be-public release that includes the voltage mod. Eggrider didn't relase that firmware yet but I can PM you the firmware if you have a 72V setup

• xcnick
    replied
    You had mentioned an egg rider firmware update from Luna so we can see the voltage on the display. Is this from where available for download somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• marcos
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the heads up. First post updated, added download link ;-)

• StvMan
    replied
    V2 Firmware…..the current firmware file (5.02 STABLE-3) is not available in the forum anymore….can you refresh its availability…..I need to re-download and reinstall….Thanks
    Last edited by StvMan; 2 days ago.

Leave a comment:

• xcnick
    replied
    The directions say one can use a taller gear. When I read this, my thought was a simple: more power, taller gear. However it is far more interesting than this simplistic thought. There are more usable RPMs

I have been running short bursts on flat ground and have gotten so lazy I don't shift any more. Single speed I can take off briskly and cruise at thirty mph.

It doesn't groan or protest like a hub motor, but I don't know enough to recommend anything. Maybe I am hurting it? Here are two performance files. One is a gear I just feel is a bit too high, then the one I picked to just blast around on flat ground.

What would be good gear ratios for a transmission? 800% five speed? How frigin' fast could this rig go with a tall gear? My helmet has to be around here somewhere.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• xcnick
    commented on 's reply
    I have 3.0. Do you have a link to later one? Maybe I just can not find the right menu. Thanks

• marcos
    commented on 's reply
    No clue about what the bafang firmware does. Their change is an improvement because now they measure at the windings, their old approach was garbage (measured air temperature instead), but it sucks that they don't tell you when changes happen. I bet their old controllers can't use this new sensor either.

Shift sensor up and running, but IDK when will it be available.

• marcos
    commented on 's reply
    No alarms available. There is a whole gauge dedicated to motor temp so its easier to see, I think its in the current app release.

• ncmired
    replied
    Originally posted by marcos View Post
    Heads up!

The last batch of BBSHD's coming from Bafang came with a wildly different motor temperature sensor. The Ludi V2 (and any aftermarket controller) will measure the motor temp incorrectly and motor overtemperature protection won't work.

The way to check if you have a bad sensor is opening the vesc tool app and checking the motor temperature gauge. If it shows something ridiculous like 80°C when you haven't used the bike yet, well, thats a wrong sensor. It even works backwrds: the hotter the motor is, the lower temps are read. I coded support for the new sensor, but I don't know how to reliably detect which one the motor has so you have to check.

I thought this bbshd+v2 combo didn't exist in the wild, but yesterday we got a user with a toasty motor caused by this sensor change. The banana bikes sold have these new bbshd but the nylon gear and temp sensor are upgraded at luna before shipping out.
    Hi marcos - would you know if the original stock controller monitored and/or reacted to the previous temperature sensor? I had the impression (over all these years) that there was no temperature monitoring in the BBSHD motor (and one could cook it at will), so am wondering if this indicates perhaps a new, maybe up and coming, stock controller behavior?

Is Bafang renewing internal interest in the BBSHD? Who knows, maybe they don't even realize the component behavior has flipped.

P.S. is the shift sensored V2 up, running, and available?

Leave a comment:

• xcnick
    replied
    Can I set an alarm when motor temp hits say 100C? The phone app displays it in tiny font.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X