Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it! Way to make that printer earn it's bench space!!
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Just got the entire bbshd kit installed and everything works great except for the brake sensors. I can't seem to figure out a good way to mount them because my disk brakes travel such little distance when using them. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Comment

• Jamie Gleeson
        Jamie Gleeson commented
        Editing a comment
        I have exactly the same promax dechiper brakes and have the same problem. It would help 2 people if there are any ideas to fix?

So, I did something a bit funky with some KYDEX sheets. As you can see in the photo, it's not pretty, but it was my first attempt. Basically, it's plastic that when heated will form to the shape you want when cooled. I cut it to the shape I thought I wanted and took a few tries to wrap the plastic around the magnet. My second try was much better and used no epoxy. I would cut up an old cotton tshirt into strips and wrap and tie as tight as I could while heating with a gun. I recommend another set of hands. I also recommend using a flat head screw driver to force down edges or push corners of the plastic into areas so that it grabs on to the brake lever. I know it's not pretty, but with a bit more patience and help, it could be quite good for those with no 3D printer. It took about 5 tries of testing on road before I settled to a point where it was consistent.

The only reason the magnet is suspended instead of the obvious choice of maybe using the magnet on the brake lever, is because when I did that, it expanded the range of the magnet, this making it very difficult to find a spot for the sensor. Although, I think swapping their positions should work better for most. KYDEX is fun stuff, I'm sure I'll find more uses for it later.

Link to the KYDEX I used. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077S5N6TP

Comment

Working...
      X