Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the pics showing the Error 0CH. When I hit the throttle while the bike is on the stand the Watt meter spikes to 1100+ watts which never happens while on the stand. Definitely something wrong. I bought this kit back in June from Luna. Bypassing the display would only mask the issue, I would think. I did swap out display's as I happen to have another 750c display and that one also gave the same error so its not the display that's the issue. If the 0CH is hex then Hex C would be 12, so according to the error code list, maybe a current sensor error? Seems like that could be the case given how its behaving.

Comment

Maybe. You probably want to pull the controller at this point and have a look at the wiring. Hopefully it's just a loose connector between controller/motor.

Comment

I pulled the controller check all the wires and still the same error after reconnecting. I happen to have another controller so I'll swap those and see what happens.

Comment

Swapped controllers from a good bbshd I have and it works and the motor sounds great again. I guess if anyone comes across a 0CH its definitely a fried controller.

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad to hear the good news!

For the latest 750c, is the cable between the button control and the display removable, and is it 5 conductor (green) or 4 conductor (blue)?

I'd like to do a stealth install with the display in a bag under seat with battery and then remote route the cable to the button control on the bars. I figure I have to go this route since the DPC-14 the 750c is based on does have a removable cable to the button control, just not sure if the Luna version does or not. If it does not have a removable cable, then how does the button control wire mount to the display and can it be spliced longer?

If it were possible to just extend the 961 cable between the button control and display I'd go that route - any thoughts either way?

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            It is not removable.
            You might be able to cut and splice, I do not recall anyone doing that though. Probably just want to make sure you're not shorting anything when cutting it and that you wire up the same wires to the corresponding wiring when splicing in the extra length.

• MPieczko
            MPieczko commented
            Editing a comment
            Anyone know what gauge wire is used for the button to display; assume its 1 or 2 wires, possibly 3.

My brand new bbshd and 750c is throwing a 21H error (unknown error). The symptom seems to be that when I engage the throttle the power reading spikes all over the place and sometimes spikes and then goes to zero. Any idea what might be the issue?

Comment

How is the range option operated. Also,in the battery informations screen, how do I enable the battery cycle, temp, health, and capacities. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            As stated in the video on this document, not all options are available. These options require a bms capable of communicating with the display, this does not currently exist yet.

What is a bms? Will it be available?

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Battery management system. You would need:
            A new battery with currently unavailable bms
            Some way for bms to communicate this with controller

Bafang has been trying their hand at prefab bikes lately and this is rolled into those bikes but not for kits. They even bought the factory that built the 750c for us so it's now an official part of bafang rather than a Luna product.

Still waiting to see on a wet or cold day for sure, but I had issues with moisture inside the display, so first I tried just sealing it, no dice, so now I have used a cell phone protector (the kind you put on the touch screen) that I had spare, trimmed it down, and used permatex form a gasket silicone to glue it to the back side of the screen, and so far, no moisture!
          Last edited by LI-ghtcycle; 03-11-2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

The 750 display offers 9 assist Levels in the Advanced Settings.

Does this access more power? (power level 5 vs power level 9)?

Or is it just fine-tuning (total assist divided by 5 vs total assist divided by 9?

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              It doesn't access more power

Originally posted by prh88 View Post
            The 750 display offers 9 assist Levels in the Advanced Settings.

Does this access more power? (power level 5 vs power level 9)?

Or is it just fine-tuning (total assist divided by 5 vs total assist divided by 9?
            The motor will spin faster per revolution pedaled, the higher the assist level you select. So it does access more more power compared to how fast you’re pedaling.

Comment

I understand it may appear that way but it is not the case.

The controller has 9 levels programmed. If you are using a 5 level display it looks at what is programmed for levels 1-9 and only goes off of the odd numbers, it uses 1-3-5-7-9.

It still uses the same overall range from 1-9 just doesn't offer the same level of granilarity.

Comment

At the beginning of the 750c postings, there is a picture of the Advanced setting menu. The 2nd item is "Current Limit". A couple of days I looked at this menu and could see the "Current Limit". Now, the my Advanced Menu is not showing me "Current Limit"and other things. How do I get the Advanced settings menu to show me everything it showed me a couple of days ago? I am attaching a picture of what it is showing now. Thank you

Comment

Thanks for this info.
                I did not get any instructions with my 750c and had no idea how the thing worked.

Got it all working now :)

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post

[TABLE]
                  Error codes
                  Error Code Error description Error display 750c
                  0x01 Normal No error
                  0x03 Brake signal No error
                  0x04 Throttle on high position show 04H
                  0x05 Throttle error show 05H
                  0x06 Low voltage protection show 06H
                  0x07 High voltage protection show 07H
                  0x08 Motor’s hall sensor error show 08H
                  0x09 Phase line of motor error show 09H
                  0x10 Controller over temperature show 10H
                  0x11 Motor over temperature show 11H
                  0x12 Current sensor error show 12H
                  0x13 Battery’s temperature sensor error show 13H
                  0x14 Motor‘s temperature sensor error show 14H
                  0x15 Speedo sensor issue show 15H
                  0x21 unknown show 21H
                  0x22 BMS communication error show 22H
                  0x23 Head light error show 23H
                  0x24 Head light sensor error show 24H
                  0x25 Torque sensor error-Torque show 25H
                  0x26 Torque sensor error-speed show 26H
                  0x30 Communication error show 30H
                  I purchased the 750C and the RisunMotor documentation that came with it shows different values in the error code table. i am particularly looking at 06H (low voltage as shown above, or Throttle error as shown in supplied documentation)

Comment

Working...
                  X