X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skymon
    replied
    So now that I've had this display for a while, I can say that the drawbacks, (and disappointments) are significant:

1) "Variable Throttle Option" is not optional (not through the display settings anyway)
    2) Clock loses memory when battery is removed (a la shark pack) or possibly even when turned off
    3) When using a 52V battery, the "battery life remaining" indicator is so optimistic as to be useless. (Though the digital battery voltage reading is correct.)
    4) The Daytime/Nighttime settings are virtually identical (black and white background cannot be toggled)
    5) PAS level adjustment is extremely "laggy". (i.e. can't repeatedly press - or + buttons quickly)
    6) If trip odometer is to be reset, it must be performed at the beginning of a trip. (reading will return to previous value if power is turned off before new mileage is recorded)
    7) PAS level indication is one of the smallest, least readable datum displayed (granted my eyes are old)
    8) Costs more

That's just what I've noticed so far...

That's a pretty big price to pay for the much cooler (imho) mounting and appearance of the 750c over the DPC-14.

Seems like it wasn't quite ready for prime time.

Leave a comment:

• cajk
    commented on 's reply
    And yet my DPC-14 (which is a older display) has no problem remembering the time, even if the battery and display are turned off for several days.
    Last edited by cajk; 06-20-2017, 08:00 PM.

• jaymz77
    commented on 's reply
    Same here.

• paxtana
    replied
    From what I can tell they all do that if there's no power.

Leave a comment:

• Luv2ebike
    commented on 's reply
    I have noticed that in the last week. I thought it was just me.

• cajk
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, Mine has also been forgetting the time.

• skymon
    commented on 's reply
    I've reset it once. Thought it was just a fluke. I'll be watching.

• Cornhusker
    replied
    Anyone have any issues with their unit not keeping the correct time? I'll set it to the correct time and once the unit is powered off it "forgets" the time.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    Sorry not possible to do that.

Leave a comment:

• ykick
    commented on 's reply
    Once it resets to 0 you must rotate the wheel at least one pass of the magnet or else the previous value won't be overwritten. If you reset trip ODO and just turn the system off the next time you power it ON it will appear to ignore the reset and show the previous value.

• haveaniceday
    replied
    Hi somebody knows how you can do Software Updates or can Change the Logo ??

Leave a comment:

• skymon
    replied
    Common Question #2: "Throttle is tied to selected PAS level no more full throttle in lower PAS modes"

Sorry to be kinda slow here but...

Does that mean that the "Variable Throttle Option" (that the Luna Cycle page refers to) is not really an option but rather a permanent function?

Leave a comment:

• cajk
    commented on 's reply
    To reset trip miles and trip time hold down the + (plus) and - (minus) buttons at the same time.

The total mileage (odometer) cannot be reset (or at least I haven't figured out how to do it).

• animalss2
    replied
    How do I reset the trip to 0 miles.

Leave a comment:

• cajk
    replied
    Hi,

On the 750c the "brake applied" symbol is a red "exclamation mark" surrounded by a circle and then enclosed in a pair of round brackets. It appears on the top line of the display, between the clock and the battery indicator.

Sorta like this: (!) only with a circle around the !

See this thread for a photo of the same symbol on the DPC-14:

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...dpc-14-display

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by cajk; 05-01-2017, 04:34 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling

Leave a comment:

Working...
X