Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any shop that is rebuilding BBSXX motors? I would rather swap mine for another and send it out to be rebuilt. That's just the way I am. When my wife wanted breast enlargement surgery I sent her out too.

Comment

Hello guys,

How the hell I remove the needle bearings in the pics below?
      one of them is stuck and I want to remove it and clean it to see if I can save it while I wait for the spare replacement delivery,
      please let me know, I am stuck!

Comment

Originally posted by Valerio View Post
        Hello guys,

How the hell I remove the needle bearings in the pics below?
        one of them is stuck and I want to remove it and clean it to see if I can save it while I wait for the spare replacement delivery,
        please let me know, I am stuck!
        Leave it in there. Clean it out with solvent and air. Then work grease into it.

Comment

Originally posted by calfee20 View Post

Leave it in there. Clean it out with solvent and air. Then work grease into it.
          Hi calfee20 thanks for the tip,
          which solvent would you use? I really have to remove the rust patina and make it work again cause its really stuck, thats why I wanted to remove it

Comment

Originally posted by Valerio View Post

Hi calfee20 thanks for the tip,
            which solvent would you use? I really have to remove the rust patina and make it work again cause its really stuck, thats why I wanted to remove it
            Carburetor cleaner or Brake cleaner then switch to a good rust penetrant like PB blaster. I don't know if you have that over there. Can you get a finger in there to see how the rollers feel without cutting yourself up? If it feels good it should last for a while but it could damage the shaft that rides in there so it is your call. I would use grease with a high moly content. I have some leftover VW CV joint grease from the 70's so something like that.

Comment

• Valerio
              Valerio commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks a lot calfee20 , I found some rust remover and working on it! Greetings from Singapore

I've removed bearing like that. Be sure you can get new bearings. I remove the guts from it so just the shell is left. Then using a Dremel tool or die grinder grind a slot along the inside of the shell to remove the press fit from the bearing. You don't have to grind all the way into the housing. Just break the last bit inwards with an angled punch. If you do scratch the housing it's OK just sand it smooth and the new bearing will bridge the gap. You can used fine threaded rod with nuts and washers and a couple sockets to press the new bearings in. You can try to fold it in with a punch so it's heart shaped, but if it's hardened you will need to grind it.
            Wear eye protection when chiseling or grinding.

Comment

Working...
            X