BBS02 pedal crack turns with throttle power applied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS02 pedal crack turns with throttle power applied

I have two BBS02 motors installed and in use for about two years. On one motor the pedal crank has started turning when the motor is throttle powered. It does not take too much leg resistance to stop this behavior.
    The other BBS02 motor does not behave this way in that the pedals are not prone to turn when the bike is under throttle power.
    If anyone has had this problem and successfully solved it please respond.

There is a clutch on the drive side. It may just needs to be cleaned and re greased.

Give this a go and let us know how it goes.

Comment

Lets see, drive side is first and driven side is last. There is a rachet mechanism inside the nylon gear on the drive side and a metal 3 pawl system on the large diameter gear shaft on the driven side. Both had old grease removed and regreased with red grease 28.
      Is there a chance that too much grease can cause drag that interfers with the free running of the ratchet mechanisms? I did pack in a lot of grease in the pawl system space. Not sure what to try next. Perhaps I should make sure that the nylon gear internal ratchet is running free on the pinion shaft.

Comment

Upon inspection, the ratchet mechanism inside the nylon gear does drag some. I suspect that it is under lubricated internally. I do not see how to press this mechanism out of the nylon gear to properly apply grease to the inside. Otherwise the gear teeth are in very good condition. Any ideas guys?

Comment

Working...
        X