• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brothergc
    replied

#8.1

paxtana commented
    19 hours ago

"I wrote this document three years ago, long before we introduced the 500c. Probably could use some updating if I had the time."

I see thank you for clearing that up ! :D

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    I wrote this document three years ago, long before we introduced the 500c. Probably could use some updating if I had the time.

• brothergc
    replied
    just read thru the thread and I am curious as to why the Luna 500C is not mentioned ? I see it on the Luna website in the BHSD kit as a option , but not here .... just wondering :)

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    If you mean the standard wires that are on the controller like for the harness, discharge, speedo and gearsensor, yes. The controller has the same wires on the bare motor as if you bought the controller separately.

• rcashlimo
    replied
    Does your bbshd bare motor and controller come with the connectors coming out of the motor? Your picture doesn't show these. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah it just so happens that only 52 is in stock right now but we will probably have more 48-volt shark later

• calfee20
    commented on 's reply
    https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...truck-fat-bike

• Wink
    commented on 's reply
    I found a link that explains or supports the use of 52v battery;
    https://electricbike-blog.com/2016/0...y-master-yoda/

• Wink
    replied
    I am getting close to buying a Luna Bafang kit. I thought I wanted a BBSHD mid-drive with a 48v battery, but I see as of today that only 52v batteries are offered as choices? I don't intend to abuse the eBike, but I read higher chance of burning out components being more common with 52v. I may sometimes use the eBike to ride distances back to my car and I don't want it to overheat. I am not concerned about burst power so I don't think that I need 52v. 48v battery may be overly cautious, but I read it is most efficient and reliable (I am cost conscious and want lowest cost of repair/replacement ) So what can you tell me I'm missing with regard to battery choice ordering the kit from Luna? (why are only 52v batteries offered today?)

Leave a comment:

• Epic 29 comp
    commented on 's reply
    My bike is exactly like the bottom picture

• Epic 29 comp
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for info

• ncmired
    replied
    Originally posted by Epic 29 comp View Post
    Anyone I have a 2015 specialized epic comp 29 carbon would you recommend to make the conversion? I would like BBSHD thanks
    Well ... if your bike frame has a big 'ol turkey jowel on the front of the bottom bracket like this, no BBS motor will likely fit:

If it's like this, you may have a chance if you're willing to mount the motor straight down or slightly back:

You need to make the measurements, here's one of the reference documents.

Last edited by ncmired; 12-26-2019, 02:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Epic 29 comp
    replied
    Anyone I have a 2015 specialized epic comp 29 carbon would you recommend to make the conversion? I would like BBSHD thanks

Leave a comment:

• ncmired
    commented on 's reply
    In very general terms, the narrowest width motor that fits is best - having to do with an optimal chain line and somewhat, knees.

But, this Surly horse has a 197mm rear hub (correct?), and from what I can discern from other builds with this hub and rear tire width, the 120mm motor is often used.

Either measure first, find some other sucker who's already done it, or take an edumacated stab at the motor width and cross yer fingers.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...th-bbshd-100mm
    Last edited by ncmired; 12-09-2019, 01:04 PM.

• vaurobghan
    replied
    I want to install the BBSHD on a new redesign Surly Ice Cream Truck fat bike frame it has a 100mm BB but I am worried about clearance with the chain stay. Should I go with 120 mm kit to be safe? Any down side to going with 120mm?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X